choke, loss, ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choke, loss, ms

i have 0 choke, 0 loss, and almost 100 fps. but im told im choppy and lagging and to fix my rates.
    rates:
    rate 20000
    cl_updaterate 101
    cl_cmdrate 101

ive noticed that everything is fine on my netgraph but my ms that spikes up and down when my ping starts spiking. what does this mean?
    my internet is fine but im running on a router through ethernet.
    im trying to find out if theres a solution so i have no worries for the upcoming cal season. if none, ill just have to deal with it

Your rates are okay. A decent server admin can check them if they're moaning too, no problems there. 'ms' is not a seperate statistic to watch, that's your ping measured in milliseconds (ms for short). Do you have any other processes/software on your PC or other PCs on your network that may occasionally be hogging bandwidth? What is your connection speed - we used to say that 20000, 101, 101 was suited for 100mbps LAN so possibly your rates are actually too high - try 20000, 70, 70.

Comment

The problem is that CAL will force him to play with those rates.
      Anyway, I don't think the problem lies within the rates, since choke and loss stay at 0.
      Either there's some other program killing the connection or the ISP is unstable.
      I sometimes have this problem late at night, but I still haven't been able to tell if it's the ISP or the other guys living in my apartment downloading stuff. Or maybe it's just the server you play on.

Comment

this may help,, also chek my post on fps optimizing
        cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "0" // Disables
        lagcompensation error checking, only needed
        if you're having any registration/loss/choke
        problems.
        if you are running on a router you should run msconfig and in services uncheck network location awareness, you dont need it just because you have a router..it causes momentary lag spikes while the service updates its location status(Reboot)

Comment

Working...
        X