CS CSZ HL Vid Display error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS CSZ HL Vid Display error

i have half life counterstrike and conditon zero all installed on my computer. When ever i try to play them they will start up but when i get to the main menu the display of the screen turns rainbowish and unclear. I tried to go in game but its the same a terrible picture that lacks graphics. I thought it was my driver nothing was wrong and it's up to date. I can play counterstrike source fine just not those 3 games. I tried reinstalling steam as well. DOes anyone no how to fix this video display problem.

o_O
    Did they ever load up correctly?
    Try changing the resolution and colour depth. If you can't navigate to that tab, and to the launch options: -w 800 -16bit. I think that's it. Hopefully mr.spoon can confirm this.

Nevermind, I found one of his posts:
    mr spoon wrote..
    Yup, this comes up all the time. Hope you've learned. Right click on CS in your Steam games list, click properties, launch options, place
    -d3d -32bpp -w 1024
    into the line (or whatever settings you want). This will start the game at these settings, no matter how they're set in game normally. You may not need the -d3d, but the colour depth and width resolution are what you need.
    Try something like -16bpp -w 800

Comment

Working...
    X