Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird latency problem

ok here is my story (CS 1.6)
    im a regular on a scoutelitez/deagleknifez server..been playing it for a year or 2...so lately ive been experimenting with all these cs commands and scripts and stuff..i dl models for the ingame characters (high fps 1s) and i get fps between 70-75 and on this particular server my latency is often between 70 and 89 which although not the greatest, it played very well on there..so then i figured that i should get a high fps model for the weapons..couldnt find any but i did find a rapid fire script for the weapons i use (elitez) on this same site..so i copy the script into my config and bam...since then ive been getting latency no lower than 170 on that server and that is not really playable..so i figure if i delete the script then ill be good again..wrong...that didnt work, so i thought that maybe if i delete (uninstall) everything steam-related, my latency and whatnot would be normal..but that didnt work either..so now i can't play that server or pretty much any other for that matter..im stumped...so here i am now...
    umm..
    i have a compaq SR1750NX...1 gig of ram..200gig hard drive..
    my internet connection is SBC yahoo DSL..its wireless but i have my computer hooked up via ethernet cable..o and only cs has this problem..
    any help is greatly appreciated =)

Happened to me too. My ISP was (and still is) gaining more and more customers, and suddenly, from one week to another, my ping jumped up to double it's usual value. There's nothing to be done, just search for other servers with lower ping.

Comment

Working...
    X