really bad lag/choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really bad lag/choke

I get really bad loss and choke when i enter a server and when rounds restart. I noticed at one time whne i entered a server i had a choke of 83.

When i first started playing i had no problems. My ping was 70-100 on a server located in texas, which is pretty good for me since i live in Canada. Then i uninstalled and stopped playing for about 6 months and when i reinstalled a week ago and started playing i found i had this seriously bad lag. In the same server located in texas i have a ping of 110-150. Even in a server in Chicago my ping was 90-100, and i live in Toronto Ontario.

My rates are

rate: 25000

cl_updaterate 101

cl_cmdrate 60

fps_max 100

my internet connection hasnt changed at all and i have the same computer, monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc as when i first started playing, i have a speedstream 6520 with a connection of 2-3 mbs

id like to know if i should have different rates or if anyone knows what could be causing the lag. Its so bad i cant play. please help.

How fast is your internet?
    Your rates are probably too high.

When entering a server check out their sv_maxupdaterate and set your cl_updaterate to that (it'll probably be 30).
    See if that makes a difference.
    Then try lowering rate to 15000 (the max is 20000).
    Try also lowering cl_cmdrate to 30.

Comment

Working...
    X