Building a PC Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a PC Help

So it's been a while since I've built my PC... I'm just wondering what the best combination of equipment is. I'm considering going on NCIXUS.com to buy my equipment.

I really just want something that will not slow down, or freeze or anything like that. Of course I'd love to play video games at a frame rate above average and also do several things at once like work on a school project, watch a movie, etc... Ideally I want it to be dual monitor. Anyone know what the best hardware to buy is? Maybe you can share yours that you use in a similar situation. I'm in college studying Forensic biochemistry so as you can imagine I need a lot of computer power haha. Thanks!:friendly_

Forensic Biochemistry, that's a funny specialization! Sorry for being off topic, but I always roll with laptops xD.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
      Forensic Biochemistry, that's a funny specialization! Sorry for being off topic, but I always roll with laptops xD.
      Extremely helpful... but no. lol

Comment

do you have budget/price range?
        do you need peripherals? monitor, kb, mouse, etc..?
        how much storage space?

without knowing more, I would say:
        core i5, or i7 CPU
        SSD is a must: Samsung Pro, Sandisk extreme pro, or Crucial mx100 or 200. stay away from samsung evo.
        also plan to overprovision the ssd, reserving 25-33% as unused.
        OS: win7, or win8.1. I would stay away from win10 for now until all this win10 spying/telemetry is sorted out.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
        X