How do I reproduce the SVU with the DMRs in BF4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I reproduce the SVU with the DMRs in BF4

I tried to post this in the Battlelog forums and that went nowhere as if its not a troll post or a bash post, no one cares.

I know there are a few lurkers here and a few that actually can play the game, so I thought I would try this here:

I have been thinking about the good times I had with the SVU Snaiperskaya Short in Bad Company 2 and want to try to reproduce that weapon in BF4.

It would have to be a DMR with a silencer, but which one and what other settings?

I do not care for the DMRs in BF4, but I thought if I had a goal in mind I might be able to suffer through them to unlock them and get one that could do this.

I am thinking maybe the SVD-12 with silencer would be the closest match.

What attachments would help with that? Is another DMR a better choice? Maybe the SCAR-H?

The AS VAL is not an option as its not released yet and an automatic weapon.

What are your thoughts?
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

The AS VAL is also going to be a PDW for some stupid reason.

I guess the closest real world weapon is the SVD 12 but even then thats more of an AK than an SVD at all.

Comment

Thats OK that its more AKish. I just want the closest feel and reaction to it.

I kinda think the SVD is it as well.

Hard to say for sure since I dont have any of them unlocked

Comment

I think I almost have the SVD unlocked.

You know the DRMs aren't too bad. A little weak and no headshot kill for being a "battle rifle". A little tweak on the power and they might actually be worth something.

Comment

you could do a stats comparison of the rifles here: http://symthic.com/bf4-multi-comparison
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
            you could do a stats comparison of the rifles here: http://symthic.com/bf4-multi-comparison
            yeah, I should have added that this is probably the best way. I was going by real world look but as I said, the "SVD 12" has little relation to the Dragunov SVD or SVU, other than country of origin.

Comment

You guys think Im a noob? (Im joking, of course I am)

Ive been comparing it there as well as looking at the stats of the SVU in BC2. Thats why I think the SVD is the weapon, though the SCAR H comes close as well, though it doesnt really have that look of it.

The SVU is just very different from the DMRs in BF4. Its going to be hard to get a close match.

Comment

So I unlocked the SVD and I think it will work. I just need to unlock some other attachments to be sure. It "feels" right to be the SVU, so maybe thats a good choice.

Comment

OK, so after the adjustments and finally unlocking all the DMRs there is just none that come close to the SVU

I think the SKS is actually the closest and even doesn't seem quite right.

Comment

Had a blast with RFB yesterday. Don't know what SVU means, guess that it is because the firing and reset rate of DMRs are different from battle rifles in BFBC2. The RFB in BF4 works more like G43 and SVT-40 in COD2.

Comment

Working...
                    X