Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of BF4 Questions

Hello all,

Was a die-hard player of 2142 and was into BC2 and BF3 after the 2142 player base fizzled out a few years ago. I'm interested in BF4 but am not as excited about it as I was about past BF releases due to how the gameplay has changed from BF2/ 2142 through BF3. Couple of pre-sale questions for the TGN community ...

Vehicle Spawn Time Is the typical vehicle spawn time in BF4 different than it is in BF3? Nearly every populated BF3 server I see has instant vehicle spawn.

Map Size Do the larger conquest maps in BF4 have large distances between flags like in 2142? Or are they large maps with all of the flags clustered within quick walking distance of each other like in BF3?

Conquest Ticket Count Are all of the servers running Conquest matches with massively high ticket counts? Seems like all I see in BF3 is 1k+ tickets per match. I recall 2142 having a much lower cap on tickets with most servers running conquest matches between 200 and 400 tickets.

Normal Mode Regeneration In Normal mode, does player and vehicle health automatically regenerate like in BF3? I know this is a server option in BF3 but I've never seen a Normal server that has this disabled, at least one that is populated now.

VOIP Does this actually work in BF4? I loved using VOIP in 2142 on certain team-based servers.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Delta_Fixer View Post
    Hello all,

Vehicle Spawn Time Is the typical vehicle spawn time in BF4 different than it is in BF3? Nearly every populated BF3 server I see has instant vehicle spawn.

Vehicle spawn is set per server. Some BF4 servers have instant spawn and some do not. No real way of knowing which has what. I hate instant spawn too!

Map Size Do the larger conquest maps in BF4 have large distances between flags like in 2142? Or are they large maps with all of the flags clustered within quick walking distance of each other like in BF3?

That is a matter of preference. There are some good distances on some maps and they are more spread out than BF3. You should google the overhead maps and see for yourself on that one.

Conquest Ticket Count Are all of the servers running Conquest matches with massively high ticket counts? Seems like all I see in BF3 is 1k+ tickets per match. I recall 2142 having a much lower cap on tickets with most servers running conquest matches between 200 and 400 tickets.

Not all, no. Again, it depends as that is a server side setting.

Normal Mode Regeneration In Normal mode, does player and vehicle health automatically regenerate like in BF3? I know this is a server option in BF3 but I've never seen a Normal server that has this disabled, at least one that is populated now.

Yes, still a feature.

VOIP Does this actually work in BF4? I loved using VOIP in 2142 on certain team-based servers.

Yes it does and better than previous VoIPs. The only issue I have with VoIP right now is I havent found a mute for people or if there is one, but on PC most do not abuse that.

As for people using VoIP....nope. Pretty quiet most the time and teamwork is like any other Battlefield for me....not really there.

Thanks!
    You're welcome!
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
    X