Are we learning to be bad shooters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we learning to be bad shooters?

I went back to BF2 yesterday, mainly because I really wanted to try this and I noticed some funny things.
    Walls don't get destroyed. (I know this one is funny and I played BF2 and other games without destruction for hours, but I grew to be so used to this feature so much that for some seconds I even forgot the roots)
    AAnd, the most important one: I learned to miss. A lot.

As crunch has previously posted It's funny because it's true. And at the same time it's sad.
    As most people here have gone through BF2 and BF2142 you know that you can't go full auto and you run most of the times with semi-auto or burst fire, because you need TONS of precision and shooting full auto will make you miss. As I said before, A LOT.

So what happened was: I started shooting my targets who had their back turned to me, they would turn around and kill me with a few shots. Then I was like, Oh right, I'm missing, there is no suppression so they won't keep running away, I need to stop failing my shots.
    And That's when I came to the conclusion that BF3 taught me to miss my targets when I know I can't hit them.

Well I've been playing BF2 quite a bit lately because games that use a bit more of my 1.9 ghz quad core APU make it overheat (Looking at you BF3 and a few STALKER mods...) I say it probably depends. But probably because I've been playing mods.
    Don't forget that BF2 is far from Perfect with its hit reg. I'm not saying BF3's system is better but BF2 is equally as unforgiving for the person shooting than a person being shot at in BF3. With the change in system it just switched roles.

Though I guess the Suppression effect may have a influence on gamers of the new games, but its a borrowed feature from older builds of PR (not sure if its still in) so if its still in you may not have to worry about not being used to it.

Comment

I dont think we are learning to be bad shooters. I think we adapt to the functions of a specific game and when we go back to a game that does not have those functions, we get killed.

I remember when I went back into 2142 after a long time of not playing it and it felt REALLY slow and clunky. I was used to a certain player movement and flow and it wasn't in 2142.

So you get to be more reliant on features and you take some things for granted that are not in other games. Keep play BF2 and you will adjust again. Then go back to BF3 and you will find yourself hitting the wrong buttons and forgetting that you can or can't do something that was or wasn't possible before.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I am fixing to try out the updated PR mod that was released today. Anyone else tried it?

Comment

Working...
        X