Battlefield 4 alpha opens tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 alpha opens tomorrow

Apparently and according to reddit a good ammount of people have been getting "Battlefield 4 alpha" client on their origin games list. Did you? I didn't , but I recommend you to go check immediately! This selection seems to have been random and it doesn't matter if you preordered the game or not.

Update:
    -Invites where random. Even though the Email states the invited is a "Highly dedicated battlefield player",
    -If you didn't get into the Alpha you wont get it anymore.
    -Even though this guy says there might be another invitation wave in July, but you have to make sure you do what he says.
    -The alpha version seems to be the one shown in the leaked screenshots before E3, and not the version that people could play there.

Hope that was useful. I'll try to keep this updated, tell me if there is something wrong.

Yeah, I don't even know what that means, "dedicated".

As much as I like doing Alphas and Betas, I have seen no results in DICE games. BC2 STILL has bugs in it that reported back in the alpha.

But anyway, I suppose it would still be fun.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

So, I assume you also didn't get in the Alpha?
      If their method of selection is random people where the majority was probably COD players who only bought and played Battlefield 3, and who probably only want to get into the alpha to play it and won't report any bugs, or all they say is noise, then I guess they also don't really care about what they are going to hear from it. That's why stuff people like you who care report probably doesn't get to their ears. Come on, if they really gave that much value to the feedback they are going to get from this alpha I believe they would be a little more picky and cautious when it comes to the selection.

Comment

No, I am currently not involved.

Usually a pre-alpha request, like this, is for stress testing purposes. They need more bodies logged in from different regions. They will probably have several servers setup and hope to have them all maxed out.

I did like how they did the Alpha and Beta for BF3. Even though there were still first day issues, it actually went rather smooth. I think it will go a little easier since Battlelog and Origin are not brand spanking new.

So I wouldn't take this as a slap in the face or anything. They're probably not looking for every little bug right now.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I see. We are still in the beta anyways and what am I thinking, I probably can't even play bf4 on my pc

Comment

Working...
          X