Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engadget Dice Interview New!

Here yall go http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/13/e...rview-e3-2013/

He talked about something I wanted to see for a long time, which is the fact that the map they are showing is a very urban map with helicopters ("something they couldn't do before"). But where is the fun in that if you can't see the helicopters crashing through buildings or at least causing pieces of it to fall down( such as what happened in grand bazaar or sceine crossing) possibly even falling down on players?

I would also like to see the ability to play crossplatform. With the new consoles this is very possible (thanks to the hardware similarities) and should be something done specially in MMOrpgs since the control input disadvantage isn't so noticeable. And in FPS's why not give the option to the players and to the server? The server could choose which platform they would allow (Only PC or PC and consoles) and players could choose on their filters if they would want servers of only PC or cross platform servers. I think this would connect and expand the community, would be better for the lifetime of MMO's (Looking at you, TES Online) and would allow friends who don't own the same platforms to play together.

Thanks for the share, there is some nice new information on this interview. I'm specially enjoying what they are doing with battlelog, can't wait to actually see it working

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
      He talked about something I wanted to see for a long time, which is the fact that the map they are showing is a very urban map with helicopters ("something they couldn't do before"). But where is the fun in that if you can't see the helicopters crashing through buildings or at least causing pieces of it to fall down( such as what happened in grand bazaar or sceine crossing) possibly even falling down on players?

I would also like to see the ability to play crossplatform. With the new consoles this is very possible (thanks to the hardware similarities) and should be something done specially in MMOrpgs since the control input disadvantage isn't so noticeable. And in FPS's why not give the option to the players and to the server? The server could choose which platform they would allow (Only PC or PC and consoles) and players could choose on their filters if they would want servers of only PC or cross platform servers. I think this would connect and expand the community, would be better for the lifetime of MMO's (Looking at you, TES Online) and would allow friends who don't own the same platforms to play together.

Thanks for the share, there is some nice new information on this interview. I'm specially enjoying what they are doing with battlelog, can't wait to actually see it working
      As for the crossplatform thing I could see it with Sony, but not so much with microsoft (using Portal 2 as an example). But because microsoft is the one putting their money towards Battlefield this time around rather than Sony I don't see them implementing a feature that could piss off their biggest payer, which they probably wouldn't implement either.

Comment

Working...
      X