What we want for Battlefield 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we want for Battlefield 4

Putting aside the apparently confirmed features. (Let's not forget it's an alpha and things might change). We write down on this thread things we would like to see/would not like to see on Battlefield 4.

Here is my own list:
    - As I said before (here it goes again), I really hope that the different kinds of destruction we saw (such as the building falling down and the road collapsing) aren't limited to that map so that they could show it off and make everyone exited. If I remember correctly in BF3 they showed that in-game sequence where the planes would create a hole in the Metro, but that kind of cinematic multiplayer experience only really happened there too, all the other maps (but caspian border with the scripted falling tower) where static. They had a perfect chance to create dynamic changing maps in Aftermath, with the earthquakes and everything, but they didn't.
    So in conclusion I really expect this kind of thing to be possible on all other BF4 maps, in different ways of course, but I hope this sort of map dynamism is everywhere.

- Ground destruction back from BF3 Alpha.

- More destruction in general. From the livestream we can see a good ammount of the stuff included in the map, and I am not happy with the destruction. We have the falling building and some micro destruction here and there, but where is the regular walls you can destroy and the debree you could make fall on peoples heads?

- Falling and rolling animations as seen in the new Angry Sea trailer. This could work like in mirrors edge. When you are falling a great height you press "Ctrl" before hitting the ground to perform a roll and decrease the damage from falling.

Edit: "Levolution" which is "for the player to have the ability to change landscape in real time with with interactive environments that react to your every move” seems to have been confirmed in other maps!

Update:
    - New death animation. I'm tired of seeing the same falling to the side and then trying to reach out with the hand, even though my character went flying or fell down a building. I don't want to die upstairs and then get revived downstairs, or die on top of a building and get revived all the way down on it's base.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
      Update:
      - New death animation. I'm tired of seeing the same falling to the side and then trying to reach out with the hand, even though my character went flying or fell down a building. I don't want to die upstairs and then get revived downstairs, or die on top of a building and get revived all the way down on it's base.
      yeah, actually having the deathcam through your eyes so that you see where your body landed would be cool. Though the only way I see they wouldn't do that is if the ragdoll glitches and your body goes into a spin.

Comment

In battlefield 2 the deathcam was always where your body was but it wasn't exactly through your eyes. The camera was basically always looking up (to avout that ragdoll glitchiness) but it followed your body.

Update: I would like to see, has it happens (I believe there is a set scripted moment for this to happen) in the battlefield 3 campaign when a van explodes, your guy is thrown backwards. I think this would be a pretty neat feature in the multiplayer

Comment

OK, this is what I want in BF4:
          • Weapons have hardcore power in regular mode or hardcore mode. (Only difference between regular/hardcore is no hud/maps/camera view)
          • Scope glint only when hit by sunlight or certain angles.
          • No nerfing thermal cameras. (As you see them in the trailer now)
          • Counter measures for thermal cameras. (Smoke and special camo, flashbangs and bright lights or incendiary grenades, etc.. )
          • Fixed kits so that when you select camo and weapon layouts they stay configured that way.
          • Personal Swear Filter
          • BF3 Alpha destruction to ground
          • Broader use of maps. Had some great maps in BF3, but most were in the center and single file and not spread out at all.
          • Mute features for VoIP
          • No more invisible walls in maps. Invisible walls is 1990. Its time to cover that stuff up with rubble and real walls. Don't be lazy.
          • Better kit layouts so Recon is more useful (which seems to be the case with it having C4)
          • Counter-Commander measures
          • Better spawning so you can spawn on teammates in any game mode.
          • At least always be able to spawn on squad leader.
          • Ping Filtering instead of region filtering for servers.
          • Better hit detection and knowing when you are behind cover.
          • Having vehicle reticules a color that you can see regardless of the sky color.
          • A really good Javelin system. Too weak in BF3. That, or take it out.
          • When someone throws a grenade either hear yourself screaming or remain silent. Not cool to scream for the enemy but not yourself.

These are the only game modes I would like to see in BF4 and included with every map:
          • Conquest
          • Conquest Large
          • Rush
          • Squad Death Match
          • Team Death Match
          • Capture The Flag

I feel there are too many game modes in BF3 and they just don't get played. It also sucked that a new game mode, like Scavenger or Air Superiority, are only available in the four map packs they came out in and not all the other maps. I felt it really took away from the game because of that. I understand the purpose was for added bonus for purchasing them, but with achievements, the maps themselves, and weapons/unlocks, it was a pretty good deal. Also, you don't get to play a lot of the game modes anyway so the added bonus is gone.

I know that the second expansion pack, Second Assault, is going to bring four fan favorite maps back to BF4. As great as that sounds, I really rather have four different maps than Metro, Caspian Border, Noshahr Canals, and Grand Bazaar (Those are my guesses btw). I am sure, somehow, Wake will be brought in, even though its really not that great of a map. Those were some great maps, but it's time to move on and do things with elevators and tunnels and forest/city areas.

So anyway. I guess that is enough. I'm just looking for a well polished BF3 with a well thought out BF4/2 features.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
          X