Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 Releasing sooner than expected?

From IGN

A pre-order poster has reportedly outed the release window for Battlefield 4. As posted by Chinese site Gamersky (via CVG), EB Games promotional material suggests that Battlefield 4 will be “available fall 2013” and that those who pre-order can receive a pair of dog tags.

he fall 2013 window is currently unconfirmed, but we won’t have to wait long to find out if it’s correct. Battlefield 4’s reveal is set to take place tomorrow night with a trailer to follow the next day. Last year, EA said Battlefield 4’s beta would take place this autumn but has yet to hint at the timing for the game’s actual release.

We’ve reached out to EA about the poster and will update this story with any comment we receive.
    Too soon? I expected it to release Spring 2014 once the new consoles came out ... launch title maybe?

No, its not too soon. DICE is 3 times the size it was a few years ago and months and months ago Demize mentioned something about people being put on the next project.

Its not impossible at all to see a beta in Augustish and a release in Novemberso.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I guess it all depends on how long ago they started working on BF4.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
        I guess it all depends on how long ago they started working on BF4.
        Also, they already have the foundation in place. We know they are going to be using Battlelog and Origin, which was all being developed for BF3. Im sure they will be re-using a lot of code from BF3. They would be crazy to start from scratch after every game.

There are so many weapons in BF3 that I am sure we will be seeing them again. At least most of them.

So anyway, Im sure they have been working with the start of BF4 since the release of BF3 if not a few months after. I mean, you dont employee all those people to simply work on a finished game as far as EA goes.

Comment

But then the release will not be on the new consoles? that sucks, that means the game is even more of a bf3.5

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
            But then the release will not be on the new consoles? that sucks, that means the game is even more of a bf3.5
            I dont think that would be an issue. They could be working with the new consoles now for all we know. PS4 is about out the door and I wouldnt think it would take much to port a game to a new console. They should have that down to a science.

Also, they just have a team working on it for when it does get released. It could be one of the first games available for it.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              I dont think that would be an issue. They could be working with the new consoles now for all we know. PS4 is about out the door and I wouldnt think it would take much to port a game to a new console. They should have that down to a science.

Also, they just have a team working on it for when it does get released. It could be one of the first games available for it.
              Also, if the PS4 is using similar to PC architecture wouldn't that mean it would be easier to port from the PC version?

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0 View Post
                Also, if the PS4 is using similar to PC architecture wouldn't that mean it would be easier to port from the PC version?
                Yep. I think I remember someone talking about why it was so easy to port Xbox and so difficult for PS3.

Comment

Working...
                X