Naval Warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Warfare

It hasn't been confirmed, hell, you can't even immediately deduce that from the Sea teaser as it could just be normal boats or something singleplayer related. I just love how some famous peeps on youtube are already like "Naval Warfare confirmed for Battlefield 4!". Crap, this teaser for BFBC2 also had a prone sniper and you could not prone in the game. The artwork for Battlefield 3 also showed Blackhawks and those helicopters are not in the game.
    Ok, but the truth is I don't think the appearance of naval warfare would not be such a big surprise. I can perfectly see them using that as a "Fantastic new feature" to create hype for the game.

Still, if there IS going to be naval warfare in the game, (Carriers, big boats, torpedos, maybe submarines...) are you exited about it??!?
    Are those the innovative features they are giving us? Just going back to their previous game's traits?!? I have played Bf1942, not on the glory days and only after playing BF2, and I honestly never thought naval warfare was that much fun, or a big deal.
    Of course it is great to have more vehicle variety, which also translates to more and different tactics and opportunities, but would that be the big Battlefield 4 breakthrough?
    Share your thoughts.

I am not and here is why;

I played 1942 toward the end. Thats when I first got into Battlefield and you could move the ships and there were even subs to help sink them. You could also shoot them with tanks from the land and use the canons to help.

What happened most the time was you got people not knowing how to use them running them aground allowing your team to be easily base raped. It took a captain to move the ship and a crew to man the guns. They never worked together.

The few times clanmates took over a ship and went circles around the islands, it was devastating. It was to the point that the game you were playing was no longer fun. Everything was being bombarded by the ships and there was little cover to hide in when it happened.

For those that played 2142, remember when they would take the titans and you can move them to a strategic part of the maps and blow the hell out of 3 of the 5 capture points? Remember how fun that was? Yeah, it wasnt. It was fun when you were the titan doing it and it become first one to race their titan to the spot won. So what did everyone do? They turned off titan movement. (they also turned it off because it lagged the game to death, but that wasnt always the case)

Most the time though people left the ships alone and never used them. So 1942 had this option that no one used. "Hey, great, we got ships! Now dont you NOOBS move them our your vote kicked!"

True story
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I think I know how DICE has an easy solution to that. Make ships on rails, similarly to what they dud with battlefield 3's AC130 and dropship.

Comment

That would help, I think. If they make it as easy to destroy though I dont think that would be much fun, but that may work.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
        X