No announcement yet.

Flash Supressor; Why would you use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Supressor; Why would you use it?

So I was looking through this handy-dandy weapon comparison chart and was flipping through attachments and noticed that the flash suppressor seems to only add trouble to a weapon.

Here are a few charts to show what I mean. Flash Suppressor in Orange:

M416:
    Battlefield Wiki is a comprehensive database focusing on the Battlefield video game series. The wiki is dedicated to collecting all information related to the franchise, such as the games, weapons, levels, maps, characters and more!

AK74:
    Battlefield Wiki is a comprehensive database focusing on the Battlefield video game series. The wiki is dedicated to collecting all information related to the franchise, such as the games, weapons, levels, maps, characters and more!

M16A3:

F2000:

So from the looks of it, adding the flash supressor does nothing except add recoil and spread. We know it doesnt hide you on the mini-map.

So am I reading the charts wrong or should the flash suppressor never be used?
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Flash Supressor; Why would you use it?

I do not use it, it is not worth to replace the heavy barrel with it

Comment

I noticed this when I got the SKS with the Physical Warfare pack with the exclusive flash suppressor, pretty much made ranged sniping useless.

Comment

Yeah, I dont use it either, but there has to be something it does useful, right? I mean, with these stats it doesnt do ANYTHING other than hurt your weapon.

What am I missing? Less flash on the screen?

Comment

yes, the flash supressor does hides the muzzle flash of the gun so when you shoot there is no light coming out of the weapon, but it still makes sound and you still appear on the minimap and it does not make you invisible, so in my opinion it is not worth it.

Comment

It's supposed to reduce the recoil, if I remember right it's something like -10% recoil while zoomed and +10% not zoomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
              It's supposed to reduce the recoil, if I remember right it's something like -10% recoil while zoomed and +10% not zoomed.
              It must be broke then because it increases recoil on all those weapons.

I wonder if the site is wrong.

Comment

It's not true for all weapons but, in my experience, if you're playing in closer quarter maps, or metro, or bazaar, the flash suppressor is better to use than the HB. The heavy barrel adds a bit more recoil, and it's main purpose is to increase damage at longer ranges, which is no advantage for these maps, where you just want to pump as many bullets as you can, and as fast as possible, into your opponent.

Comment

I think they changed the Heavy barrel to be less annoying and more useful iirc.

Comment

I think those plots are accurate. Take a look at these: http://i.imgur.com/7OHnO.jpg. First column is no attachments, second is with flash suppressor. It helps recoil slightly, but not much. You are much better off using the HB in all situations.

Speaking of which, I remember they "balanced" the attachments so people wouldn't use the foregrip and silencer. But 95% of people now use the heavy barrel and foregrip.
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I still see no use to it in comparison to the other attachments

Comment

It would be one thing if it actually did something like hide muzzle flash on dark maps, but then we still have the GOD RAY lens flare from the scope (even if there is no light source). Hope about a nice Kill Flash attachment? I do great on HC servers using one of the x4 or x3.4 scope, but only head shots really count on softcore.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                          yes, the flash supressor does hides the muzzle flash of the gun so when you shoot there is no light coming out of the weapon, but it still makes sound and you still appear on the minimap and it does not make you invisible, so in my opinion it is not worth it.
                          hmmm, i thought it was supposed to keep you off the minimap. regardless, it's pluses are outweighed by the minuses. i go w/ the heavy barrel.

Comment

Working...
                          X