Not played in 3 months, Fill me in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not played in 3 months, Fill me in!

So basically im getting back into BF3 and i realise a massive amount of patches have been released in the past 2 or 3 months. I have heard of attachment changes, weapons handling completely differently etc.

Could everyone give me a quick low down as to what the game is right now, e.g. best and most overused weapons, most overused class etc you get the gist of it.

Thanks guys

Re: Not played in 3 months, Fill me in!

Well bipods now are getting a lot more attention and Supression has been heavily ramped up. The supression thing is the biggest criticism at the moment, though opinion is divided yet again.

Haven't played much in the last couple of weeks. Went back to fallout: New Vegas for a bit.

Comment

The weapons are better. Forgrip is a waste of a space now. Supression is crazy right now, but it should be adjusted sometime. If you had crashes or hang ups before, you will still have those.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Most weapons have been tweaked so there's more recoil and they're more or less balanced (no more M16 to rule them all although it's still one of the best), all attachments are good now and silencer has been nerfed, suppression got a major buff and then little things like horn for jeep, flares for everyone, minimap adjustements etc.

Forgrip is a waste of a space now
        No it's good for close to medium range, for weapons like FAMAS, F2000, AEK etc. I personnaly use it on my AK74u with heavy barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
          Most weapons have been tweaked so there's more recoil and they're more or less balanced (no more M16 to rule them all although it's still one of the best), all attachments are good now and silencer has been nerfed, suppression got a major buff and then little things like horn for jeep, flares for everyone, minimap adjustements etc.

No it's good for close to medium range, for weapons like FAMAS, F2000, AEK etc. I personnaly use it on my AK74u with heavy barrel.
          well i kind of have to agree with crunch here.To me the Foregrip is useless compared to what it was before and the other attachments give much more of an advantage. But maybe that is also because of my play style as I am not much of a close range player

Comment

The foregrip had no downsides before the patch (it was a no-brainer), now you need to choose it for close/medium range. Heavy barrel+foregrip is still better than nothing, it reduces recoil but still have some accuracy boost from HB, it's a good combo on the AEK for ex (if you like the weapon, I do not but I've seen some good players with this weapon+attachments).

Comment

^Bot, it's the same thing I said with the same mistakes (personnaly instead of personally).

Comment

The general rule now is to stick a heavy barrel and a bipod/underslung on assault rifles (notable exception being the AEK, foregrip and heavy barrel there), heavy barrels and foregrips on carbines, and whatever the hell you want on the LMGs.

Regarding weapons specifically, AEK was nerfed, M16 is the same, G3 is viable again, AK74M is great now with the HB.

Also, the M26 dart when used with an heavy barrel and an underslung is now very OP. Don't use it for ethics reasons.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

suppression getting a buff, what does that mean? is that whey you just fire in the general area of the enemy and get suppression bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    suppression getting a buff, what does that mean? is that whey you just fire in the general area of the enemy and get suppression bonus?
                    yeah, being suppressed blurs your vision and makes shooting similar to pissing with a boner

Comment

ROFL, The chances that most your team are support are very great.

Im having a hard time getting used to the changes. Before the patch my stats were going up pretty good. Now they are starting to level off and even drop in some things.
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        Im having a hard time getting used to the changes. Before the patch my stats were going up pretty good. Now they are starting to level off and even drop in some things.
                        This. After the patch I started being better at some stuff i wasn't and in being awful at what i was good before.
                        Another thing that it seemed to me for a while was that everyone's weapon killed in two seconds (like my health being dropped from 100% to zero in an instant) while I always had to shoot a lot more bullets than it was needed before. I Concluded from this that the patch changed some stuff lag-wise

Comment

I think dice may fold to complaints and reduce supression next patch... but of course they will probably break something else...

Comment

Working...
                          X