Casus Belli (mod for Crysis) dated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casus Belli (mod for Crysis) dated

Casus Belli will be released the 6 April.

Casus Belli will include these major features:

24 maps including 9 originals maps that exhibit various environments

4 game types:
    1) Advance and secure: securize frontlines until you achieve a final mission objective.
    2) Conquest: capture control points.
    3) Capture the intelligence: pick up a briefcase with your team and keep it as long as possible.
    4) Team squad deathmatch: self explanatory.

25 new weapons

Up to 6 classes

Up to 6 squads that can hold up to 5 players each
    Looks nice although I fear there won't be a lot of players.

Note that you can play the mod on the Crysis War Trial version (+patch 1.5) which is free.

Re: Casus Belli (mod for Crysis) dated

damn I'll try it! please remind me when it gets released xD

Comment

http://www.casusbelli-mod.com/main/?p=340

It's released, I'm downloading it right now (2 go).

Comment

downloading also!

Comment

Ok I've played it for approximatively one hour+, it's a good mod inspired from BF2 : you have the commo-rose, flags to capture, big and small maps, squads with spawn on leader and different classes, minimap spotting (when you fire you also flash on the map, like in BF3) but it suffers from the "too late syndrome". While it's good it's not on-par with a polished BF3 and the little idea here and there are not enough. And more importantly there's a lack of players.

Good points over BF3 :

-No regenerative health for both infantry and vehicle really help teamplay, you need to call someone and stay in squad if you want to last (no medkit on the ground, a medic have to come to heal you).
          -Real commo-rose (with notifications in chat, not just some audio)
          -Big maps are open and don't have a cluster of flags in the middle of it
          -If you're too close from a big explosion you're knock out by the blast and lose your weapon on the ground (which you can pick again after you stand)

The mod could have seen a good success if it was released before BF3.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
            The mod could have seen a good success if it was released before BF3.
            Though even thats a stretch as Crysis multiplayer has always been relatively under populated, even before BF3's release. I remember trying both Crysis Vanilla mp and Crysis wars and finding that only the latter had around 20 servers outside of Australia, and that was around the time I built my first gaming rig mid last year.

Comment

Yeah, I also played it but the common-seen-in-mods lack of polish just makes me want to go and play BF3. I noticed everything you said and it does have a lot of good aspects. The commo rose is pretty much a copy past from bf2 and it actually works well and better compared to the bf3 one. I like the damage and how the guns work but the lack of players is a very big problem yeah.

Comment

Working...
              X