Instant Vehicle Respawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Vehicle Respawn

So what are your thoughts on instant vehicle respawn?

It seems most servers have it set to spawn just about immediately after destruction.

The pro side to it is that you can push your way out faster and you will always have a vehicle somewhere. This makes for some great vehicle battles and a lot of destroyed terrain.

The con side to it is there is no rest from it. As soon as you destroy a tank/chopper/jet, there is another one. Also, there is no punishment for not taking care of your vehicle. Who needs an engineer, I will just grab it again real quick.

What other advantages/disadvantages do you see?
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Instant Vehicle Respawn

The con outweight the pro, the fast vehicle respawn parameter should be in the custom filter. I don't want to spend several minutes trying to take down a chopper for it to come back 10 secs afterward. I would be ok if it was only light vehicles like atv/jeeps/boats.

Comment

It really depends on my mood, if I am feeling like just having fun with a certain vehicle then an insta-respawn server does the job better, but if I really want to dive into the battle then it would work better if off. Still, if I had to choose one specifically I would choose the normal one without instant vehicle spawning.

Comment

I fucking despise instant vehicle respawn, you think you finally have found a decent server then bam instant respawn vehicles

it takes all the value away from the gameplay in terms of vehicles, effort and skill put into taking them out means nothing and a competent team that takes them out receives no real benefit

its a smacktard server setting, that for starters shouldn't be changeable tbh, and is there to appease low attention span players

my rage filled opinion of instant vehicle respawning right derp

Comment

I agree with Infernalis, instant respawn sucks when you win that air battle and your down below 1/2 health - the enemy can just get a fresh vehicle and be right back on you to finish you off. The only time I see instant being useful is when you get tards camping your chopper pad (karg conquest) or airfield and you can never get air support up. That way at least gives you a chance.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I don't like it. It creates endless waves of vehicles that you can't stop because as soon as you destroy one there is another one coming. Plus it forces 95% of the server to play engineer.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

YEah, true! It's like it unbalances the the game

Comment

Hate it, also hate the spawn-in-vehicle they have now. I hate a lot of things about BF3, but that option seems ridiculous. It's not like it's too terribly difficult to take the choppers down in this game. I generally played air in BF2, about 600 hours jet and chopper, not total. The air mechanics in BF3 suck, helicopters seem squirrelly, jets are over/underpowered dependent upon what you're doing, they're slow, no chase camera, and why do I have to unlock things like flares and heat seeking missiles? Completely takes the balance out of the game. Ranting, completely different topic.

Comment

I agree with Crunch's and Jimy's original posts, its good that it respawns quick so i can take it again, but when you are on the opposing team it gets a tad annoying and with what jimy said in that it depends on the mood.

Comment

Working...
                  X