Possible weapon changes for next patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible weapon changes for next patch

Some random guy, at least from what I could tell, was given changes that will probably be implemented in the mext patch. NOT FIXES, JUST CHANGES. The guy has a site that has BF3 damage charts, so maybe thats why he received the files, IDK, but Demize does confirm that they are legit.

You can see all the information here:
    Battlefield Wiki is a comprehensive database focusing on the Battlefield video game series. The wiki is dedicated to collecting all information related to the franchise, such as the games, weapons, levels, maps, characters and more!

Symthic does a good job showing the changes in weapons and attachments by color code.

One thing I see that really bugs me are the attachment adjustments:

Fore grip
    Basically before it reduced the horizontal recoil by 50%, in these files it reduces h-recoil only ~20-33% depending on weapon.
    It also increases the minimum spread 20% ~ 50% depending on stance and weapon.

Flash suppressor
    Will decrease recoil by 17 ~ 25% depending on weapon.
    For most weapons it increases hip min spread by 20~25% but some weapons don't have any hip accuracy penalty.

Quite some time ago someone at DICE mentioned how the flash suppressor wasnt getting used and they wanted to get the bi-pod used more so it looks like by doing that, they are making the foregrip be less and the suppressor have more. So if you use the foregrip and suppressor you will get the foregrip you always had.

What do you all think of this? To me, it seems like there are too many gadgets in the game and for whatever reason DICE feels that they all need to be used equally regardless of what the players have determined. "Play your way" seemed to have lost some meaning at DICE.

I understand there has to be balance tweeks, but how many times are things going to be adjusted because a weapon becomes the main one? That is what people tend to do. They learn a weapon and stick with it. My #1 is the SCAR-H and that was because I had so much fun with it from BF2. Even after they "nerfed" it, I still used it. Same with the Jackhammer.

The other thing that gets me on the post is why is some random guy getting official information? Where is the Battlelog news? how about the Battlefield Blog news? How about Battlefield/Zh1ntos twitter? EA UK forum? Official gaming sites? Is there such a lock down on information by DICE/EA for some internal reason that they have to leak files to get news to the community out? What is going on with that?

So anyway, a lot to discuss. Quite a few weapon changes to talk about, same with attachments and then this communication blackout. Whats up with all this? Oh, and lets try not to say some BS about console port or its not BF2 crap. Real talk please, something with a little more thought put into it.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Possible weapon changes for next patch

12g Buckshot
    Max damage 20 -> 12.5
    Dropoff start dist. 4 -> 8
    Dropoff end dist. 25 -> 30

12g Flechette
    Max damage 14.3 -> 11.2
    Min damage 8.4 -> 8
    Dropoff start dist. 12 -> 15
    Dropoff end dist. 25 -> 30
    WTFBBQ?

So they buff all the Spray-o-matics at close range, and nerf the shotguns? I guess that means Demize is playing assault at the moment.
    This is seriously bringing me a lot closer to a permanent ragequit.

Comment

Demize is still on some other planet, just like he didn't play BC2 and tried to "balance" it, doing the same thing with BF3

touching shit he shouldn't be, and ignoring things he should be changing

does not like a lot of the changes tbh

Comment

Does'nt make any difference to me what they change,nerf or screw up because it's not going to affect my crummy style of play. I'm just an old fart playing a kids game.............but it's still a hell of alota fun!

Comment

Yeah, its still fun and the sad thing is that all it does is make people take a few days to figure out what weapon to stick with and use it instead. It can never stop. I think that is what really bugs me is every developer thinks there is some magic balance that will make all weapons perfect, but there isn't and can't be.

It also still bugs me that we have to learn all this from some random site and not through a simple channel.

Comment

AEK is getting nerfed. Guess I will use the M16A3 only now.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

G3 (and 7.62 LMG's) are getting their max damage bumped back up to 34! (not the Scar-H though?)

The shotguns are having their drop off range moved out, so hopefully the net effect is rather similar to what we have now.

The M98B is getting kicked squarely in the balls. No real reason to take it now. Bolt-action w/ RDS and Laser is the new 870.

M249 will be garbage. The heavier belt feds will be the way to go.

Grip will get dropped completely. No way a small amount of help with h-recoil will be worth the added min spread.

Heavy Barrel or Flash Suppressor will be the new black depending on weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
                The shotguns are having their drop off range moved out, so hopefully the net effect is rather similar to what we have now.
                I doubt it, shotguns should be used really
                close up. Someone on the EA forum stated that they are making all weapon more and more the same, and I tend to agree with that.

Comment

Balancing that much weaponry is almost impossible task, so they are making all weapons very similar one to each other. Except sound, of course

Comment

I'd propose all the weapons they have are too hard to balance if they maintain their bent for "realism." Just because the real steel rifle uses the 5.56 NATO round doesn't mean every weapon that uses that in your game needs to do the same damage. IRL, sure you put a number of rifles all chambering the same round down on a table they are going to have some similar stats, but it's bad game design IMO.

They have multiple ways to make weapons unique.

-Rate of fire.
                    -Damage
                    -Range
                    -Recoil
                    -Spread
                    -Ammo capacity
                    -Attachment options

They could make each and every weapon unique for the most part, but that would take time (ie- $$$) so unless they can sneak that time into a DLC budget, we won't see it. Homogenizing like this is a safer long term bet.

Comment

OR, they could focus on the one or two issues and not touch anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        OR, they could focus on the one or two issues and not touch anything else.
                        Oh come on now, that's crazy talk. Next you'll want free maps.

Comment

LOL, I know, Im crazy talking.

Some weapons do need an adjustment, but for the most part I feel everything is pretty good where its at. Maybe Im wrong and there needs to be a ton of adjustments, like what they are doing?

Comment

Seems like a good update mate.

Comment

Demize99 sent Symthic a second revised set of data files today. Most of the changes look to be up. Notable changes.

-Reversed course on nerfs for: M98B, M416, and to a lessor extent on the Buckshot/Flechette damage nerf and AEK nerf.
                              -SKS max damage buffed to 43!
                              -12G Pump Slugs min damage buffed to 40, range before damage drop off moved out to 15m, AND they benefit from the new 1.25x upper chest hit box. Semi-auto slugs get a lessor version of these buffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X