Favorite and/or Best Assault Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite and/or Best Assault Rifle

I'm on a quest to find the best all-around assault rifle in this game. My heart will always belong to my beloved M16A4, but I know she isn't the best out there so she won't get my vote. The long-range stopping power sucks, and the recoil is above most but still manageable. The AK74M is my second favorite but mostly for practical reasons. Even though the AEK has much less recoil, fires faster, and kills in no-time, I'm still more used to the AK to adapt to the AEK. The transition is hard, and although I believe the AEK is superior I still do fine with the AK.

Honorable mentions, M416 is amazing! The gun is my favorite holo-foregrip-suppressor combo gun.

Which assault rifle is the absolute best all-around killing machine in this game? This is an easy one, and the winner - hands down - is the KH2002. No recoil, insane stopping power (damage), and usable at any range. Looks butt-ugly, but makes up for taking up 1/4th of the screen by being infinite times better than the other weapons in this game.

Hope it never gets nerfed.

<3 KH2002 xoxo

Re: Favorite and/or Best Assault Rifle

I tried the KH2002, but it feels like a crippled FAMAS.
    What this games needs is a battle rifle.

Comment

the M16A3 is the best all rounder, the 416 is similar, my fav is the 416 because of its looks lol

the AEK though is pretty much easy mode, has a bit of annoying shake at range, but on any meatgrinder maps its the best by a long shot

I used the KH for a short while but I seem to get annoyed by the burst weapons

G3 was very nice before it was nerfed, it was more like a battle rifle

Comment

My $.02

Best all around gun is the M16A3, but since you have to fully unlock Assault to be able to use it every game I'll say 416.

I voted for the AEK though because in the majority of actual game usage, it's better. Simply because you engage in CQC more than long range combat. 66/33 split with my play style and map choices. If you routinely engage in mid to long range gun fights, I'd argue you're better off going with a semi-auto sniper.

Comment

Best all around: M16A3
          Best for close quarters fighting: AEK
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I'd say the A3 too but the A4 is the same thing and I have no delay between my bursts anyway so it's practically the same thing except I don't have to think about firing in bursts I can just tap the trigger once.

What do you guys mean by a Battle Rifle? You're talking about M1 Garands, M14s, SKSs, etc. right? I miss the BAUR from BF2142.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
              What do you guys mean by a Battle Rifle? You're talking about M1 Garands, M14s, SKSs, etc. right? I miss the BAUR from BF2142.
              Yes, basically Battle rifles fire the old 7.62 while Assault rifles fire the new 5.56.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                Yes, basically Battle rifles fire the old 7.62 while Assault rifles fire the new 5.56.

Ah... How #3 does more damage than #2 in that picture... /Snark

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                  Ah... How #3 does more damage than #2 in that picture... /Snark
                  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the average infantryman uses more batteries than bullets.

Comment

Night vision is about all they use batteries on for basic infantry men as far as I know, oh and their radios.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the average infantryman uses more batteries than bullets.
                      Well apparently in the middle east for every Insurgent killed 400,000 rounds are fired. The 5.56 is notorious for sucking arse, and thats not counting suppressive fire.

Comment

Well apparently in the middle east for every Insurgent killed 400,000 rounds are fired. The 5.56 is notorious for sucking arse, and thats not counting suppressive fire.

Comment

400,000 is a much higher estimate than what is true. Even in trigger-happy Vietnam where soldiers went rambo with fully automatic M16A1s, there were only 150,000 per enemy killed. I think that's down to at least 100,000 or less today.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                            400,000 is a much higher estimate than what is true. Even in trigger-happy Vietnam where soldiers went rambo with fully automatic M16A1s, there were only 150,000 per enemy killed. I think that's down to at least 100,000 or less today.
                            Was it 400,000 or did I read the 1 as a 4?

Well still, its a buttload.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                              Was it 400,000 or did I read the 1 as a 4?

Well still, its a buttload.
                              Yes, but I think there is a important difference between how many rounds an infatryman fired on average per kill, and how many run was fired in total per kill.
                              What does an infantryman carry, a 100 rounds? So for each kill, something between 1000 and 4000 infantrymen have exhausted their ammo supply. Does that seem likely?

But add in a few choppers with miniguns, and it starts to make more sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X