Which is the best map so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the best map so far?

I've been discussing this with my friends lately and we cannot all agree on which is the best map. The definition of best was that it had to have good design, and be "unique," for lack of a better term. For example the base jump on Damavand Peak was very unique, and the scenery leading to it was fantastic. Kharg island seems to have the best map design, but Caspian border was a close second and it also was unique with it's very defining tower.

Tehran highway is the worst map in my opinion. It's not fun to play on rush or conquest.

I'm a Battlefield 2 veteran from back in 06, and I miss that game more than anything, but I think the B2K maps are utter crap. They should have brought Mashtuur, Dragon Valley, Fushee Pass, Dalian Plant, and Daqing Oilfields would have been 10x better.

Categorizing further, I think the best infantry map is Seine Crossing, followed by Grand Bazar and then Métro. The best Vehicle map is Kharg Island. That's the only vehicle map that I find all vehicles to be useful in. Damavand Rush is the one I think is more satisfying to play, especially when getting to base jump.

A worthy shout-out to my lovely Gulf of Oman which was my second favorite BF2 map. The giant buildings on that map that you can get to with the MAV make sniping so fun. There's choppers, jets, tanks, jeeps, etc. that give a lot of variety. There's open plains for tank fights, narrow streets in an urban area for nice infantry fighting, and plenty of good terrain for aircraft. That's probably my second favorite map here, if not my favorite since I can't decide between Kharg and Seine.

Re: Which is the best map so far?

I will say that thanks to the larger draw distance the B2K maps barely look like the originals. But also due to the way the minimap displays them.

Comment

This is tough. I seem to like Caspian the best. Brand Bazar is pretty fun though as well as Oman.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Voted for Caspian, but I could have easily voted for Oman, Sharqi, Karkand, and Bazaar.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Mashushur city

Comment

I'd love to see Mashtuur Or Road to Jalalalalalalabad

Comment

Yes this is tough. I will say Kharg island (not too far from Caspian).

Comment

Operation Firestorm

Comment

No, I'm not going to worship any of those lazy feeling, unimaginitive, creativity lacking CoD clone arenas. They all suck.

I mean DICE map designers have never really been that good in the first place. But this has gotten far beyond the bearable boundary.

Comment

Jon, so are you saying that even the maps of BF2 are subpar? What game had great maps to you?
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                      Categorizing further, I think the best infantry map is Seine Crossing, followed by Grand Bazar and then Métro. The best Vehicle map is Kharg Island. That's the only vehicle map that I find all vehicles to be useful in. Damavand Rush is the one I think is more satisfying to play, especially when getting to base jump.
                      Funny enough I dont care much for those three maps, and really hate Damavand peak.
                      The B2K infantry maps feels much better.

Comment

Sharqi and Karkand are much better than any infantry map in the vanilla game, but I don't mind Bazaar. It's a fun map if you are playing on 32-48 player servers and not 64 ones.
                        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I voted oman

Comment

I too voted for Oman and it only beat out Caspian because I absolutely can't stand the "sun".

All the maps are good in some settings and fail miserably in others.

Metro is a terrible map in Conquest or TDM and only barely playable in Rush. It really needs longer outdoor access that runs either side of the map above ground. What would be after the first set of MCOMS in Rush to the closed off alleyways outside the terminal. That would give more flank options for Conquest.

I don't like Kharg on Rush since it's way too easy to get stuck on the beach if the Attackers come on piecemeal. On Conquest, it's one of my favorite maps.

Grand Bazzar is utter krap on Rush. Always a cluster !@#$ around "B" flag in the corridor in Conquest. Incidentally, this is the same are a Rush game breaks down too. At least in Conquest you can circle the map taking the other flags. It's a great TDM map.

Karkand actually loses something compared to it's BF2 greatness. The lack of building halfway between train station and the RU base. No ability to blow up the bridge. So many enterable buildings promotes more window campers. Super long draw distance for snipers. And having RU start with all the flags isn't really an advantage compared to losing your uncap. I have yet to see a serious camp in the way you used to see at the Hotel flag in BF2. There, 90% of your team was fighting on that front line while a cat&mouse game went on with anyone that got behind the lines. Or the epic cross-the-river battles.

Sharqi is still great in TDM and Conquest. I like it in Rush too, but I don't agree with the last objective set in the TV building. It's just too damn hard to get past a defender that knows what they're doing and no FF.

Seine Crossing is all about the building overlooking the courtyard. In TDM, the team that controls it often wins the map because lemmings can't resist storming it and getting slaughtered. In Rush, that same building means the Attacker HAS to rush "B" first while the defenders are split or face an almost insurmountable uphill battle.

Damavand Peak is good on Rush, but Conquest really needs a flag on top of the mountain with somewhat sheltered trails going over. Something to avoid the cluster !@#$ at the "B" flag in the tunnel and the "corridors of death" on either side.

Comment

Working...
                            X