Favorite class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite class

Weird things happen in the game. Still get hit going around corners and the other night I hit the ground behind a solid concrete barrier while someone was shooting me, reloaded my weapon, then died instantly.

In the same game (and this may not be due to hit detection) I ran into a guy that was on an upper level patio and we shot at each other through the holes between the bars and neither of us hit each other. We both ran out of ammo, I switched to pistol and kept firing, he reloaded and fired and he happened to get me when we shifted into the hole next to the other hole in the patio fencing.

I remember BC2 being like this for a while and after a lot of tweaking they seemed to have made it a bit better, but it was never exact.

I have to say before MW2, I loved CoDs hit detection. I mean, you aimed at it and thats what you shot. It had weird quirks too, but not like good ole Battlefield.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
      Its crap, mostly due to poor handling of lag.
      I can only play the infantry part because I have reached a state of nirvana where I dont really care.
      Ah ok. I guess I haven't noticed because A) Australian internet is usually Poor, but compared to others here I have won some sort of internet speed lottery on the odd occasion and B) I suck so I mustn't notice any difference. That and I've been playing alot of TDM to get leveled up more.

And I think playing BC2 with a 2.3 ghz Core 2 duo and an ATI 5570 before jumping on a newer rig that runs better with BF3 without much experience in BC2 may have caused some form of blindness.

Well I was hoping for an improvement (as you would)... Just need a change from a fuckton of negativity around... both online and IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
        The problem with sniping in BC2 is that not only is the hit detection bad, but the scope is also set on a grid, so it's hard to make precise movements (basically, you can only move your crosshair to pre-determined points in a grid shape, so if the enemy is between two possible points, you can't hit him). Apart from that, it is pretty easy TBH. Just use the M24, perfect the bullet drop (usually below the first dot to the second dot), and aim for the head.
        Are you sure you didn't just have a really high/low DPI? I didn't have any trouble long-range sniping in Bad Company 2.

I actually like the sniping in BC2 with the M24 better than I like sniping in BF3. I liked the feel of BC2 better, but I might just be wearing rose-tinted glasses because I played it on PC and I'm playing BF3 on the 360.

What exactly does suppression do besides obscure your vision? I thought it deviated aim as I have trouble hitting targets when my screen is so blurred, but whenever I suppress the crap (turn the whole area into Swiss cheese) out of somebody they have no issues firing a burst into my face from 50m+

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
          Just need a change from a fuckton of negativity around... both online and IRL.
          I haven't had much time to play recently, but IMHO BF3 is still great fun as long as you play it with the right mindset.
          If you want to max your stats you will be very frustrated by the randomness. On the other hand, if you spend a round getting roadkills with the frontloader.......

EA/DICE failed to deliver in many ways, but we can work with wtah we got.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            I haven't had much time to play recently, but IMHO BF3 is still great fun as long as you play it with the right mindset.
            If you want to max your stats you will be very frustrated by the randomness. On the other hand, if you spend a round getting roadkills with the frontloader.......

EA/DICE failed to deliver in many ways, but we can work with wtah we got.
            Ah ok, well thats a good enough change of pace for me. I think thats the way I see it, which is why I don't hate it. Just play for the fun of it. Experiences will always differ online

Comment

Well i suck at sniping in bf3. i was way better at that in the previous battlefields. I'll go with engineer but honestly i could not live without assault and support

Comment

On the subject of hit detection, I can count on one hand all the games where I've had WTF moments. Same with my friends, and it's been all of us getting bad hit reg when it happened, leading me to point at the server. Which leads to me avoiding 64 player servers on general principle. I don't think most GSP's are throwing the needed resources at these boxes or rather, if they passed the premium on to the customer, they wouldn't sell as well. Hence 48-52 seems to be the highest you can really pull off with zero server lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
                  On the subject of hit detection, I can count on one hand all the games where I've had WTF moments. Same with my friends, and it's been all of us getting bad hit reg when it happened, leading me to point at the server. Which leads to me avoiding 64 player servers on general principle. I don't think most GSP's are throwing the needed resources at these boxes or rather, if they passed the premium on to the customer, they wouldn't sell as well. Hence 48-52 seems to be the highest you can really pull off with zero server lag.
                  Actually, yes, that makes sense. I realised I don't play 64 player servers as much due to them not being in high demand, but yeah, makes sense.

Comment

Recon for me, as shooting a full auto gun makes my game lag (which takes the FPS down to like 15) which makes me miss...So I only use the M98B now, for pretty much everything...

Comment

I haven't played on a 64 player server in a while. Talk about clusterfuck.
                      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
                      X