Favorite class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite class

Well nobody is discussing anything positive or making new threads here so I thought I'd start a discussion.

Which is your favorite class, and why? The assault class is the grenadier and medic of the battlefield; support is the master of heavy weapons and resupplies ammunition; engineers take out aircraft and land vehicles, and are equipped with carbines; the recon class is a sniper/reconnaissance class.

I enjoy playing assault the most. I've always played medic the most throughout my gaming of BF2 and BF2142. The healer/reviver aspect of the game always appealed to me, and the assault rifles that came with the kits were a great all-around weapon.

Support is a close second. Now that suppression and bipods are implemented I've been having a ton of fun laying down a huge volume of fire and keeping the enemy's head down. Although I wish that recon had the claymores instead of support.

I think engineer is the most versatile class. On a sidenote, I hate the character model. You've got these guys in heavy combat gear, or light recon gear, and then you have this idiot with his huge load of equipment and this tiny baseball cap that makes his head look proportionately tiny.

Recon is good fun, especially playing aggressively with an SKS.

Should the kits be different in any way?

Re: Favorite class

Recon. The other classes have boring weapons and every game is the same with them. I love sneaking around with my L96 and silenced pistol, or running around with the SKS and G18.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I dont know if I have a favorite. It used to be recon, but now that the explosives go to support and recon gets "teamwork" items, It weakens it quite a bit.

As for classes that change, yeah, recon should get the C4 and claymores and just get rid of the MAV and TUGS entirely.

It just bugs me that these "teamwork" items are in recon, yet when you use them the points for it dont make it worth your while to use them. You get better points playing as a sniper killing people than you do doing recon work. The only real useful "teamwork" item is the soflam and its brighter than the flashlights and are taken out quickly because of it.

So anyway, I dont have a favorite anymore, I just switch kits as the situations change or depending on the mood I am in.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah same. The wonder (or pain, as YMMV on its usefulness [yes I now use TV tropes terms in plain speech]) is that finally there is no Go to all class. I don't really have a favourite. Just depends on the situation.

Comment

Engineer I guess, although I am preferring other classes right now.

Comment

Gotta love that G36C - foregrip - holo - suppressor/laser-sight.

Do any of you engineers ever use the EOD bots? Sometimes I can arm a charge on rush without being killed, but otherwise I hardly ever use them. One of the really cool pros of them is that there's no cool-down like with the engineer repair tool so when your friend is being attacked by multiple vehicles you can just keep repairing without pausing. Is there a range limit for controlling the EOD bot?

Comment

Engineer because it's the most versatile class (A91/RPG). Then Assault, Support and lastly Recon far away.

I never use the EOD bot.

Comment

I tried a few times to use the little bot, but its so hard to control that by the time I get to a destination or person the game is over
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I started out playing only Assault as it's been the easiest kit for me to use while I'm learning a game.

Engineer is my least used kit. Mostly because it's overused (IMO.) I understand why it's popular as it's good against infantry AND armor. Probably too good. The flip side is I can run around as any other kit and there's a good chance that corpse/kit laying on the ground near me is an Engineer. For those times when you really need the RPG.

My Recon and Support time is pretty even. I've spent enough time with each understand how the class plays and when I should switch to it.

I will say a squad of 3 Engineer's with Javelins + a Recon with the Soflam is an awesome combo. Especially when the Recon is aggressive about moving the soflam around, not just setting/forgetting. I thought we would need a Support, but there was never a shortage of friendly Support players practically throwing ammo boxes at us (points? yes, please.)

This is also the first BF game I've really enjoyed sniping. I usually shy away from Recon for this reason and most of my BC2 Recon time was spent with a shotgun. But the MK11 and the L96 have both been great fun.

Comment

I really enjoyed sniping in Bad Company 2.

Comment

I sucked at BC2 sniping lol... Any tips for it because a friend wants to play BC2 while waiting for his copy of BF3 to be delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                        I sucked at BC2 sniping lol... Any tips for it because a friend wants to play BC2 while waiting for his copy of BF3 to be delivered.
                        For me, the biggest change was changing my mouse settings and retraining. I used to play with really high mouse sensativity and a lower DPI mouse. Starting with Black Ops, I moved to a super low sensitivity but changed to a variable DPI mouse (Logitech G700) and playing with higher DPI.

The net effect is I now have to move my arm a lot further to get the same amount of corresponding in-game movement. This was really painful at first. Now it's second nature, but it makes a lot easier to put the x-hair exactly where I want it.

My TDM stats in BF3 so far are also much better then they've been in any other shooter. I'm only comparing TDM because it's the only mode where killing other players IS the objective.

On the more subjective level, it just feels better.

Comment

The problem with sniping in BC2 is that not only is the hit detection bad, but the scope is also set on a grid, so it's hard to make precise movements (basically, you can only move your crosshair to pre-determined points in a grid shape, so if the enemy is between two possible points, you can't hit him). Apart from that, it is pretty easy TBH. Just use the M24, perfect the bullet drop (usually below the first dot to the second dot), and aim for the head.
                          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Well on a related-ish note, whats the general consensus on BF3's hit detection? I find it good for what I recall in previous battlefield games in BF3's current state, but thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                              Well on a related-ish note, whats the general consensus on BF3's hit detection? I find it good for what I recall in previous battlefield games in BF3's current state, but thats just me.
                              Its crap, mostly due to poor handling of lag.
                              I can only play the infantry part because I have reached a state of nirvana where I dont really care.

Comment

Working...
                              X