Can't get myself to like this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't get myself to like this game

Maybe he is getting hit reg confused with random deviation. MY GOD that is annoying. When I aim my high powered sniper rifle at someone's chest 10 feet away, I expect the bullet to go where I am aiming, not 50 feet to the left.

Anyway, about the unlocks. I didn't have a problem with them, but I never really like having unlocks in an FPS game in the first place. I'm of the mind that we should have every weapon gadget from the start. But still, I don't like how they did the ranking system in this game. I know that everyone was finishing the BC2 unlocks by around levels 20-25, but the other ranks still were something to strive for. I spent a lot of time over the summer trying to get my way to level 50. But in this game, you get to colonel and really, that is it. Who cares whether you are colonel 60 or colonel 5?
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Anarchy, this server? Yeah, I never read chat in game and usually don't pay attention to names unless a) you kill me a lot or b) I kill you a lot.

Battlelog is a free social platform that ties into Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 3 and lets you socialize, track stats, plan your next game, and more from your web browser!

On topic. You really don't need 99% of the unlocks in this game. Just different skins for the same gun. The only things you need are all very early in each class tree (defib, C4, etc..) I was rather overjoyed at how well the default class weapon's handled.

The Karkand maps are pretty much all I want to play these days. I played on Grand Bazaar last night and it reminded me just how bad that map is. Also reminds me just how good the BF2 maps were and how much game design has suffered due to consolification. Any game play feature that can't be managed with a game pad is going to get axed.

Comment

Nobody would have ever complained if the game had cost $10.00......NOT EVEN ME!!!!!!

Comment

Yes they would have. Thats what people do. People complain about the free games out there.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

People complain about free products way more than paid ones.

Example:

Comment

I most definitely agree. I too have been on good ole BF2 and hope for a major comeback of the best online game ever. Always had my settings on highest I could get for the great graphics and we played the game together as a team and friends.

EA/Dice lost it when they forsaked the PC gaming roots in favor of deals with console manufacturer's. Consoles will never be what a PC is. It's just that simple. Consoles are intentionally made to be cheap for volume sales. The idea being that mass produced cheap consoles will allow more people to get involved than run of the mill or top of the line PC's. In theory that would work, but in practice it's a losing bet for the quality of the game. Throw in the constant increase of PC tech and the accompanying changes that made PC get outdated too fast and you had a recipe for consoles to take over. However, the result has been a major set back for PC component manufacturers for the desktops we still buy and/or build and the game quality went completely by the wayside due to the severe limitations of cheap consoles.

The result in this has also been a complete bastardization of the games themselves. Only the names of these games, predominantly Battlefield, is the same. When Battlefield 2 players called for more they wanted to see things like making Karkand into a set for something along the BF2 Special Forces version. They wanted to see BF2 take on the Frostbite engine to a degree. They wanted the latest equipment actually in use today in the military theater. They did not want to see their kits completely thrown out, the physical movement capability altered, and most of all, no one wants to buy a game that doesn't work if you can't get online for some reason. This latest venture seems to think that if you buy a car all that means is you can drive it, but you can't park it in your garage or drive it on your own property. That's not buying. That's renting and it's a con.

If EA wants to revamp BF2 they need to make the good ole fashion conquest mode, put the full version available in single player mode so you actually own what you buy (including Conquest), Knock off the current baloney for logging in, make it so gaming clans and groups have something for themselves like we did with our own servers, and keep the gratuitous course language out so the church groups who use to put up servers will come back. No parent wants to have their child being indoctrinated with the colorful language that normally gets their mouth washed out with soap. After that they can take BF2 and add a few positive offerings, not sell out the heart and soul of the game to console manufactures.

Can EA/Dice do it? Sure they can. They already have everything in their toolbox to make it happen. The question is, will they?

Comment

Maybe one day EA will make BF2.7, but they made it very clear and the alpha and beta backed it up, that EA/DICE wasnt out to revamp BF2. As for losing kits, the kit system is way more robust than the limited kits of BF2.

As for will they? No, I dont think so. They have the ability to do many things and were asked to do them many times by many different people, but they stand their ground and move forward regardless of the outcome.

I know this is an old cliche, but its simply the truth; EA is there to make money through games and they have to make them for the largest group of gamers, including consoles. So many PC players have gone console regardless of the limitations. I know we dont like to hear this and it seems like a lame excuse, but it brings in the millions of dollars they were looking for. PC groups are very passionate about their games and what is happening, but if we dont have the numbers then we dont have the numbers.
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I have the perfect solution:

...dumped BF3 and am back on BF2. Hope the servers will be up for a long time...

Crunch, unfortunately, you're right...but lucky for us BF3 unhappy campers, there's other "PC" developers out there who care about their hardly earned crowd.

Comment

Working...
                  X