Can't get myself to like this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get myself to like this game

Just thought I'd make a thread on the matter... I'm not trying to flame or troll, but this is by far the worst BF game I have played. I try to play it, but end up rage quitting or just getting fed up with the hackers, glitches, spammers, you name it. While I know games such as BF2/2142 had their share of the same things, they were still all around better games. This game does not feel like a Battlefield game at all, it feels like Call of Duty with a slight BF feel. I feel DICE has made this game to DRAW the COD kids over to BF...

While the game is pretty to look at, I don't play a game for the graphics. I used to play BF2 6 years ago on a freakin 6100 on dead low getting 40 fps and was addicted to that game non stop. I played for hours a day and never got bored. With this game, I feel frustrated and stop playing within minutes. I actually went back to BF2 the other day, and guess what? I was addicted all over again. It's a shame that the servers are so low nowadays, but hopefully they'll start picking up speed again once people get over the BF3 craze. Battlefield died after 2142, that game was by far the best game that DICE released and it's a shame how many steps backwards they took. I don't get why these companies nowadays can't stick to their roots, use what made their games instant classics. I'm not afraid of change, but they should have made the game have that BF feel and not overhaul the crap out of it.

*puts on flame suit*

Re: Can't get myself to like this game

i feel like there's too many things to unlock and too many progression lvls.
    the game was made more for the masses, a la COD style.
    the BF games of the past on refractor engines were more hardcore and did share much with modern "for the masses" fps games, and i think that was what made it more appealing for someone like me who's been there since the 1942 wake demo days.

Comment

I don't get the point of all these threads. If you don't like the game nobody is forcing you to play it. It sucks that spent money on a game that you don't like but it happens you buy something that you just don't like. If you like BF2 go play it, nobody is stopping you. I come to these forums to see topics regarding BF3 not about how much people hate it. I personally think its a great game, and I just don't get why everybody has to complain. Go play what you enjoy, stop wasting time making these pointless threads.

Comment

Chris Redfield said it best in the "Why so much hate?" thread.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
        10/10 for a game. It's one of those games which comes across every 4 years, has depth, style, fun and a lot of replayablity. Polished across the board. Considering how massive the game is, I have found little to no bugs which have irritated me to frustration.

However, as a Battlefield game, and as a successor to the last true BF title (BF2 and it's mod BF2142, ha!), the game is severely lacking in a fundamentally important aspect.

-Teamwork elements. Squads suck. 4 players leaves barely room for a good bunch. No default VOIP makes it impossible to group up with random people. DICE got it wrong at some point when they got schooled by Infinity Ward in how to create a community around a game. First you play with strangers, then add some of them to your friends list, because you like playing with them. Instead, we get it backwards. I rarely see squads attack or actually do crap together, because they aren't forced to do it. It's much better for me, a BF "veteran", so to speak, to squadhop and spwanhop, because it's more "profitable". And in the same time, it's useless to be a responsible squadleader and keep yourself alive in the moment of need, waiting for people to spawn on you while you are hiding close to a flag, when everyone is too busy looking for spawnpoints closer to the couple of "profitable" chokepoints.

As a BF game, BF3 literally blows (unless you play it competitively or in a more organized community, but we're talking about a small minority here). I'm playing a fantastic game, on par with COD4, but it's anonymous and offers more benefits from actually not being in a squad and it just doesn't support or promote actually networking and meeting with/new people.

In BF2, I was adding people or recognizing and jumping into squads with folks on the first week of gameplay. In BF3, all I have is a few hackusations and a few teamstackers, whom I recognize.
        BF3 is a great game, it's just not a good BF title to play with pubs (other than TDM.) If you're on TS with friends, Rush and Conquest are 100x better, but that's not how most people are playing BF3.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
          Chris Redfield said it best in the "Why so much hate?" thread.

BF3 is a great game, it's just not a good BF title to play with pubs (other than TDM.) If you're on TS with friends, Rush and Conquest are 100x better, but that's not how most people are playing BF3.
          One has to admit though, in its heyday, thats not how people were playing BF2.

I used to be such a BF2 fanboy, but after playing PR I see that some of its features were rarely used.

Comment

Saw three blatant hackers today over a period of two rounds, and only one was banned. Let's see whether DICE are serious about reports.

This game has been getting on my nerves lately. It's a fun game, but I've also started to notice the game is getting more repetitive.

Oh, and Cantina_Fly...I've just realized that I played against you just now on the DoG server. I thought your name was familiar.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

...so sad and bad to see this great game series go down like this...

...I hope the decision-making idiots for BF3 at Dice get the hammer.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

....unforgivably bad mistakes.

Comment

ill admit i have gone back to BC2 and Homefront and havent touched BF3 in a few weeks. i have been logging alot of hours into World of Tanks as well. BF3 just isnt fun for me, i just get angry at the spawns or the cheap tactics or guns and the overall COD feel of the game. a shame really.

Comment

When we started running our TDM server I wasn't all that happy with the gameplay, allot of our clan are hardcore ground pounders so they love it, I just felt it wasn't "battlefield" at all......felt like a COD rehash all the way, too much twitch gameplay for me...........after all i am a POE man at heart, we only chose to go TDM or watch our server sit empty with the other 12,000, it wasn't out of choice.............

Then i decided to pop up a 50 man 24/7 gulf of oman server on Friday...........the game has redeemed itself some in my eyes, this is a true battlefield.............granted it took allot of user created plugins to get it to where the games are balanced and not a rape fest but we now have 500 ticket rounds coming down to a 10-15 tickets, even as the losing team you feel like you had a kick ass game and you stay for more but i also attribute allot of that to it being a 50 man server as opposed to 64, lets face it, none of these maps were designed for 64 players, they were all designed around console limitations, 64 men on pretty much any map has become a major disorganized clusterfuk.

I'd suggest anyone having a hard time stomaching the game give Oman some more time, this is a true battlefield map, lots of areas and sections of the map that can play out their own intricate battles where teamwork pays off big time and a one trick pony doesn't rule map unless the other team lets him. This is by far the best map in the game, I put this server up Friday, it was ranked last at 12,091, we moved up to 1952 in just 4 days!!!! people like this map, it plays out well, it feels large an gives me that true battlefield feeling......it's still no Gazalla or El AL but it will have to do for now.....

On a side note, over 300 BF3 servers were canceled yesterday and today so the server market is finally begun it's slim down. Your all more than welcome to stop by and play some "battlefield" anytime you like!

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                    When we started running our TDM server I wasn't all that happy with the gameplay, allot of our clan are hardcore ground pounders so they love it, I just felt it wasn't "battlefield" at all......felt like a COD rehash all the way, too much twitch gameplay for me...........after all i am a POE man at heart, we only chose to go TDM or watch our server sit empty with the other 12,000, it wasn't out of choice.............

Then i decided to pop up a 50 man 24/7 gulf of oman server on Friday...........the game has redeemed itself some in my eyes, this is a true battlefield.............granted it took allot of user created plugins to get it to where the games are balanced and not a rape fest but we now have 500 ticket rounds coming down to a 10-15 tickets, even as the losing team you feel like you had a kick ass game and you stay for more but i also attribute allot of that to it being a 50 man server as opposed to 64, lets face it, none of these maps were designed for 64 players, they were all designed around console limitations, 64 men on pretty much any map has become a major disorganized clusterfuk.

I'd suggest anyone having a hard time stomaching the game give Oman some more time, this is a true battlefield map, lots of areas and sections of the map that can play out their own intricate battles where teamwork pays off big time and a one trick pony doesn't rule map unless the other team lets him. This is by far the best map in the game, I put this server up Friday, it was ranked last at 12,091, we moved up to 1952 in just 4 days!!!! people like this map, it plays out well, it feels large an gives me that true battlefield feeling......it's still no Gazalla or El AL but it will have to do for now.....

On a side note, over 300 BF3 servers were canceled yesterday and today so the server market is finally begun it's slim down. Your all more than welcome to stop by and play some "battlefield" anytime you like!
                    Im not sure TDM is as played as much as everyone thinks it is. I just used it to get guns that meant I wouldn't be shot to shit all the time in regular games.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power

...thx bud, will try to get my bf3's money's worth on yer turf------>"much appreciated"

Comment

I agree. It's also not very immersive, well, with 75% of every team being a colonel and all. The game feels very COD and they use this excuse that they are "modernizing" it. When it's very obvious they just COD-ed it up.
                        PSN: Xclusiveitalian
                        Steam: Stryker
                        Origin: Xclusiveitalian
                        Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

I agree with ChrisRiv91. I don't get why all of you guys are complaining about the game. It really isn't that bad, and half of what you say is nonsense anyways. Too many unlocks? What kind of complaint is that?

The spawns can sometimes be a bit odd, I will admit, but the only time I get spawn-killed is when I spawn on my squad and a tank appears around the corner as I spawn.

Another thing, how many of you actually have MW3? If you've ever played it before, BF3 is nothing like MW3. MW3 is garbage; a bunch of idiots running around killing you faster then you can even throw a grenade. If you want to complain about spawns, complain about MW3.

Another thing, I don't really get what any of you mean when you say "twitch" gameplay. If you see an enemy, you are going to try and react quickly to kill him, but I don't really think it is "twitch" gameplay because (if you are playing anything except TDM or SQDM) half of the gameplay is defense.

I think that most of this hate on BF3 comes from a disappointment of the game. I honestly don't know what you were expecting after BFBC2. This is better than BFBC2, and if you were expecting BF2 then you should have expected differently. Other than the guy who made this thread, I don't hear about anyone actually going back to BF2. Maybe you had a lot of fun with it when you were playing it several years ago, but I seriously doubt you are going to have an awesome time on the game now.

While there is not much teamwork, there really wasn't much teamwork in BFBC2 either. This game isn't a predecessor to BF2, it's a predecessor to BFBC2, just a different story.

Comment

1. too many GAY unlocks
                            2. spawns are plain stupid but then again the maps are so small
                            3, the game is so laggy and buggy that hit reg is often broken or poor.
                            4. yes disappointment but also lies that this will be bigger and better than any other battlefield made after bc2

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                              1. too many GAY unlocks
                              2. spawns are plain stupid but then again the maps are so small
                              3, the game is so laggy and buggy that hit reg is often broken or poor.
                              4. yes disappointment but also lies that this will be bigger and better than any other battlefield made after bc2
                              You have hitreg issues? I have none. Though my ping is usually less than 30 even though Im under optus for my internet... Well point is im quite satisfied with it... compared to BF2 anyway.

I think Ripred is right though. If you thought this was going to be absolutely like BF2, and think BF2 was perfect then I dunno... Not much can be said.

Comment

Working...
                              X