Why so much hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why so much hate?

I don't know why, but the 64 player servers feel way more chaotic than they did in bf2 even though karkand had a crap load of grenade spamming

Comment

Perhaps because you can enter in almost every buildings and spawn on everyone in your squad?

Comment

I feel like people spread much less than they used to and there are a lot of choke points

Comment

My biggest problem deals with being color blind especially when players are hiding in the foliage, etc, etc. I have gotten a little better lately but it seems that most of the times I have been killed, I can never figure out where the shooter is or was. Bad eyesight, probably! For me it is a 6/10. Who ever came up with the concept of METRO must have been a heavy crack user.

Comment

48 players, or somewhere around there since there seems to be servers with 43 or 39 player limits (?), are the best for me. 32 is too empty and 64 is too many.

Originally posted by rebel444
            My biggest problem deals with being color blind especially when players are hiding in the foliage, etc, etc. I have gotten a little better lately but it seems that most of the times I have been killed, I can never figure out where the shooter is or was. Bad eyesight, probably! For me it is a 6/10. Who ever came up with the concept of METRO must have been a heavy crack user.
            Spam Q
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              Same problem with me. Signa mentioned how he couldnt understand me playing on smaller servers, but the truth is that I lag out on 40+ size ones. I think its my internet. I thought perhaps the game couldnt handle it, but Ive been on a few and asking my friends, they were not lagging. I have DSL, so plenty of download, but a smaller upload.
              Problem is netcode. It always assumes there will be some lag which is quantified as ping. Higher ping more lag, and vice-versa is the simplest explanation. When you set filters, in most cases, you sort servers by ping. Lower ping means lower lag, so you should be hitting what you are aiming. But, what if network packets are profiled for ping around 50ms and your ping to current server is 25ms?
              Bottom line is, try with servers with slightly higher ping.

Comment

You want to know why the hate, the lies, the silence, the bugs and crazy ass balance moves, the game has such potential but poor execution, the ranking system blows, the hype which it didn't live up to, piss poor maps built around rush and console limitations, when we wanted big diverse conquest maps and tons of vehicles. Games average at best when playin with friends for short periods of time, otherwise it's pretty damn lame (outside of the graphics and audio which were well done).

Comment

Despite it's issues, I would argue that Bad company 2 is more of a "true" sequel to Battlefield 2 than BF3. Somewhere along the line of development DICE forgot how BF2 and BC2 actually play and actually screwed up by removing things they had added that made their games better.

Simple things like distance/delayed fuse on launcher grenades got lost or bullet penetration through thin materials. The first couple bullets fired (or grenade thrown) on glass will not penetrate and go through until the glass is broken. Launching grenades and RPGs into glass will not break the glass, but instead they will blow up on contact. The same goes for every thin breakable material in the game.

The lighting sources in the game are actually fine, but as far as I can tell the problem with the Sun and other lights shining in your eyes is that they are just a lens flare texture that takes up a giant area of your screen when you are looking at them or in their direction. It's easy to see what I mean just by looking at lights on dark maps. If you look at the Sun or light from a street lamp while moving in and out from cover that blocks the light you will notice that the texture doesn't disappear until you get to the "mid point" of the light and the texture will actually "bleed" through the object blocking the "light" . Also when you zoom a scope it changes the position of the lens flare texture. This is why changing the lighting in config files wouldn't work like turning off bloom in BC2.

Vaulting over objects becomes a real problem when what you are vaulting over is 1ft or less in height or it may be something just a bit too high to vault over. There are also situations where you have to try to jump vault over something more than once because the stupid vaulting doesn't work properly.

Falling from rocks will make you suicide or take a massive hit to your health. Distances that seem no higher than 1-2 feet will make you suicide. I would say half my suicides are from falling from 1-10 feet at full health. Vaulting to your death is a very common occurrence.

These are just some examples for why I would argue that BF3 is not a true sequel to BF2 and in many ways is inferior to BF2 and BC2. My hate for BF3 stems from these problems and many others.

Comment

...well said.

+1

Comment

I've never had problems with the bullet penetration, and I don't really know what you mean when you say "distance/delayed fuse on launcher grenades got lost..." Your accusation about the RPGs not breaking when they go through glass/other thin objects is ridiculous, as it would be kind of difficult to program in the RPG punching a hole in the glass (the glass might not break, if you actually look up RPGs shot at glass, the glass doesn't always break) and then slowing down after much of its speed going through the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripred49
                        I've never had problems with the bullet penetration, and I don't really know what you mean when you say "distance/delayed fuse on launcher grenades got lost..." Your accusation about the RPGs not breaking when they go through glass/other thin objects is ridiculous, as it would be kind of difficult to program in the RPG punching a hole in the glass (the glass might not break, if you actually look up RPGs shot at glass, the glass doesn't always break) and then slowing down after much of its speed going through the glass.
                        he means bf used to have grenade launchers that perfomed like the real ones,they have a timer when used in a certain way and one could bounce them off walls or send them rolling into rooms.

the ones we hav now just expode on impact.

Comment

Working...
                        X