So what's up with the auto-spotting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's up with the auto-spotting?

Someone posted a thread about this before but I thought it was just a bug as I didn't see it in-game. For some reason, I suddenly started noticing it the other day. I'm not sure when it was added but enemies are automatically spotted now when you put your crosshairs near them.

Here is a video showing this:

Obviously, it isn't a permanent spot. But when you are looking at an enemy and the spot lights up, all your team can now see that player as long as you keep looking at him. It only appears to be 3D spotting and does not show on the mini-map.

Everyone else may have already noticed it and I'm behind, but I hate this feature. I got a few kills in the few minutes that I recorded video in which I didn't even see the enemy very well. The one where I run up to Alleyway and shoot the enemy in the building - I had no idea there was someone there until I saw the dorito.

I'd like DICE to look at their spreadsheets and see the percentage of kills that occur within seconds after being spotted. It's just another mechanic to help out noobs.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Re: So what's up with the auto-spotting?

I dont find that too much annoying and rather "realistic", but the fact that u see red triangles on enemy soldiers only on mini-map is annoying me so much.

Comment

Yeah, it was a bug that I used to not have and now Ive noticed it as well. It seems have become a feature.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

...annoying when your trying to snipe someone, they become spotted and mortar shells start landing on them. Real fun spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by _X_
          I dont find that too much annoying and rather "realistic", but the fact that u see red triangles on enemy soldiers only on mini-map is annoying me so much.
          Why is it realistic? I mean, orange triangles don't appear when you mouse over them. Someone can be hiding in a bush and you can suddenly see an orange triangle and kill them.

Personally, I don't need the help, but I just find it annoying that the game does it. It's so hard to play a stealth game now because you can either be spotted, be auto spotted if someone happens to see you briefly, or you appear on the mini-map if you shoot. I can't help but think how many times I am killed because I have an orange triangle over my head.
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Well I guess that "feature" was introduced as cure for players that dont press Q when they see someone, so when you "see" enemy it is shown to all your teammates. Also, this "feature" fixes problems with Q spotting since there are some problems with it, and some enemies cannot be spotted with Q.

Still, this is shown only on mini-map for your teammates which is odd, since enemy armor is shown on mini-map and in first-person-view, but infantry is not.

Comment

Working...
            X