Happy New Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Years!

Here's to the former glory the 2142 board flew with. And the few people still playing. Happy 2012.:gob_icon_cheers:

Re: Happy New Years!

Let's hope 2143 will be as good (if they didn't troll us with the easter egg).

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
      Let's hope 2143 will be as good (if they didn't troll us with the easter egg).
      Or just was an unintentional number placement. Not saying that I wouln't want it or don't think they would ever do it.

Well Personally I don't think calling it 2143 would make sense, wasn't the wake island map "Wake Island 2144" or something?

Comment

they better not make this a 5 map DLC like 'nam for BC2.
        2142 deserves a full game with more maps

Comment

It may deserve it, but I like the idea of having it part of an existing game.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

it will be an add-on DLC. i know, wishful thinking on my part for a full fledged game.
            btw this was already leaked a while back on the US EA 2142 forums way before BF3 released.
            the funny thing is that nobody, including me believed it at the time because it was leaked via EA support chat guy saying that the 2143 DLC is in the plans for the future for BF3.

Comment

Come on... 2143 could be an awesome full game with a great component for singleplayer coop and multiplayer!

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                Come on... 2143 could be an awesome full game with a great component for singleplayer coop and multiplayer!
                I think he wants a full game.

Comment

Im not saying "NO IT SHOULDNT", its just dont you all get tired of just buying the very next game? Its 2012; we dont have hovercars, moveable sidewalks, real zombie outbreaks, or games that can just be "upgraded" so we dont have to buy full blown versions over and over.

Make it a $30 expansion with single player, co-op, and multi, but it still integrate into the entire BF3 system.

I have to say it would be funny to bring the weapons from the future into the present though
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    Im not saying "NO IT SHOULDNT", its just dont you all get tired of just buying the very next game? Its 2012; we dont have hovercars, moveable sidewalks, real zombie outbreaks, or games that can just be "upgraded" so we dont have to buy full blown versions over and over.

Make it a $30 expansion with single player, co-op, and multi, but it still integrate into the entire BF3 system.

I have to say it would be funny to bring the weapons from the future into the present though
                    Or do something similar to the Vietnam expansion for BC2, certain weapons can be used from the Base game, but they have slight visual modifications.

Imagine using a 150 year old HK 416 with Futuristic 5.56mm rounds or an M98 converted to a pulse rifle (or whatever was the norm for 2142. Need to give it a proper shot sometime before it well and truly dies.)

Comment

Darn, I missed the 2013 party. Is anyone still alive out there?

EDIT: Just hopped on after having no internet for ~7 months. 3 servers populated, couldn't even finish a round because of the crashing. This game was truly left broken to die, what a shame. Really nothing more than a collection great memories now. Maybe someday we can revive for a few rounds. RIP Battlefield 2142.

Comment

I'm definitely up for a few rounds if we arrange some date(s) (not in the sense of dating, I mean in the sense of combining a day and an hour to go and play)

Comment

Working...
                        X