Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman goes 110-3....why am I not surprised!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Superman goes 110-3....why am I not surprised!

    Originally posted by Infernalis
    A kdr of 4+ is a lot, same for a SPM of 750+, only a very few players are that good, even playing Metro 24/7 you don't have this kind of score. I've met only one non-hacker with a ratio of 6+, he was whoring the jet on Caspian Rush and was ONLY playing Caspian rush in A10/Su25.

    That's what a friend is doinf too, using the limiter, PB will never catch anything and the limiter works fine.


    thanks for the insight, I made some adjustments.




    I thought PB gets paid on a contract basis based on how much of the games integrity has been compromised dont they? Someone might be looking for a new job after the numbers come in for BF3, and deservingly so.............the hack sites are clearly LIGHT YEARS, i mean galactic steps ahead of anything PB can do, their hacks all run through a main origin/steam type of service and immediately turns off certain features for everyone using them is a detection is made to limit the detection, anyone can view damncheats public forum, it's like a bandwagon of script kiddies gone mad! The cat and mouse game is over.....the mouse has clearly stomped the cat to death.........and we will suffer for it.

    I do love how PB hasn't updated the look of their site in........forever.....I'm not sure if they are trying to look lame to throw people off or if it's really a penny pincher paradise over there, new website themes are $30...........................one of the EA mods on battle log actually had the nerve to suggested players go and purchase the hacks and send them to them to PB to inspect, clearly the petty cash fund went dry long ago if PB cant even afford to buy the new hacks, it was just a jaw dropping thing to see a moderator say, PB is truly and utterly FUBARED......they need to fail as a business so EA can rethink their entire anti-cheat approach, this retroactive damage control Punkbuster has always been a sorry excuse anyway, we nee a more proactive approach that gets developed into the core game, these hax developers are making MILLLIONS of dollars, EA needs to wake the fuk up and just admit they have failed to protect their players.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Superman goes 110-3....why am I not surprised!

      So if Punkbuster loses their contract, to whom does EA go? VAC? No, that would require Steam, and VAC is just as useless. Name one serious AC that isn't PB or VAC.

      And you talk about PB being a cheap company. I'm not sure whether or not you knew this, but Even Balance has very few employees (Valve also has very few employees working on VAC - it's not exactly a labor intensive job). Their website is definitely not a real concern. The problem is, when you have so few employees, how do you constantly stay ahead of every hack for every game? There is no way for PB to be able to detect a hack if they don't have the hack. How do they get the hacks? The same way we get the hacks. They have to subscribe to the hack company and download each new update and then code a new PB update for each new update and then release that update. This isn't something that would go faster whether they had 200 employees or 1 employee. Hack developers are always going to be ahead of the AC no matter what happens. They release constant, minor updates to keep PB behind. As soon as they believe their hack has been compromised, they will go through the list of subscribers (one more aside - you seem to think that the developers are making millions of dollars and have thousands of subscribers. This is completely untrue. Maybe they make a few thousand dollars a years, but not millions) and try to find out which one is giving the hacks to PB. As I just said, they don't have thousands of subscribers. A large developer will have less then 50, probably even less then 10. They do background checks on each person before giving them the files. These people are serious about it. If I wanted to subscribe to a hack developer, I would first have to gain his trust. Some companies are different and will give their hacks out to everyone, but these are the hacks that get detected quickly.

      So yes, the best thing you can do to prevent the hacks is to subscribe to them and send them in to PB. PB can't subscribe to everyone as they don't have the resources. Their IP addresses are probably written down somewhere on the developers' desks. There are thousands of hacks out there and they can't afford to download each one and update it. And if they could, they wouldn't have the resources to keep each one updated without having a company that rivals Google.

      If you have any bright ideas, I'm sure EA would love to hear them. I highly doubt they have never considered proactive countermeasures before. Give me one possible countermeasure. And don't say the stupid little script that only bans the obvious hackers that don't care if they get banned (and they can probably override the ban).
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Superman goes 110-3....why am I not surprised!

        Originally posted by Anarchy1
        So if Punkbuster loses their contract, to whom does EA go? VAC? No, that would require Steam, and VAC is just as useless. Name one serious AC that isn't PB or VAC.

        And you talk about PB being a cheap company. I'm not sure whether or not you knew this, but Even Balance has very few employees (Valve also has very few employees working on VAC - it's not exactly a labor intensive job). Their website is definitely not a real concern. The problem is, when you have so few employees, how do you constantly stay ahead of every hack for every game? There is no way for PB to be able to detect a hack if they don't have the hack. How do they get the hacks? The same way we get the hacks. They have to subscribe to the hack company and download each new update and then code a new PB update for each new update and then release that update. This isn't something that would go faster whether they had 200 employees or 1 employee. Hack developers are always going to be ahead of the AC no matter what happens. They release constant, minor updates to keep PB behind. As soon as they believe their hack has been compromised, they will go through the list of subscribers (one more aside - you seem to think that the developers are making millions of dollars and have thousands of subscribers. This is completely untrue. Maybe they make a few thousand dollars a years, but not millions) and try to find out which one is giving the hacks to PB. As I just said, they don't have thousands of subscribers. A large developer will have less then 50, probably even less then 10. They do background checks on each person before giving them the files. These people are serious about it. If I wanted to subscribe to a hack developer, I would first have to gain his trust. Some companies are different and will give their hacks out to everyone, but these are the hacks that get detected quickly.

        So yes, the best thing you can do to prevent the hacks is to subscribe to them and send them in to PB. PB can't subscribe to everyone as they don't have the resources. Their IP addresses are probably written down somewhere on the developers' desks. There are thousands of hacks out there and they can't afford to download each one and update it. And if they could, they wouldn't have the resources to keep each one updated without having a company that rivals Google.

        If you have any bright ideas, I'm sure EA would love to hear them. I highly doubt they have never considered proactive countermeasures before. Give me one possible countermeasure. And don't say the stupid little script that only bans the obvious hackers that don't care if they get banned (and they can probably override the ban).
        One of those hax devs and site owners was trolling battleog and linked his 18,000 units sold sales page for BF3 alone; right in a battlelog thread, granted he could of altered it..........I'm just saying, they are making money, $20 bucks a pop.....do the math.....and that was only one of the many games he sells hacks for.

        The only way EA can combat it to throw more resources at it, IE money, no way around it.

        They could start with throwing PB a couple hundred bucks and a few proxies so they dont have to troll the community to buy the haxs for them.

        I think it's safe to assume at this very moment the integrity of the game has been compromised and the powers that be simply do and will not give a flying fuk until it damages the bottom line. These hack devs aren't just 1 step ahead of PB, they are 4 or 5 and sprinting away down a moving sidewalk.

        I'm no game developer, I cant truly suggest how EA could better combat this, I'm just another paying customer that's been dealing with punkbusters downfalls since BF42, clearly a better system needs to be instituted or developed, EA might just have to spend some money and create their own anti hacking team for the games they publish rather than contract to the lowest bidder, who is conveniently always the ONLY bidder, it's simply come to that point.....

        I mean that's just a thought, another would be to not let the hax developers use battlelog to advertise and troll the very people who's entertainment time they are destroying, as long as they dont put thread titles in caps they are allowed to do as they please and trolalala all day long, it's disgusting. Here's a perfect example, 2 different hack website owners and 2 different confirmed and admitted hackers trolling the battlelog forums without recourse or a care in the world:

        http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...24820863451/1/

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Superman goes 110-3....why am I not surprised!

          Anyway EA/DICE will refund my scratch for this truly entertaining hack infested adventure? Nope did'nt think so......
          BF3 just another hackers playground while all the legitimate players get screwed. Thanks for XMAS present DICE!!!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Superman goes 110-3....why am I not surprised!

            Originally posted by rebel444
            Anyway EA/DICE will refund my scratch for this truly entertaining hack infested adventure? Nope did'nt think so......
            BF3 just another hackers playground while all the legitimate players get screwed. Thanks for XMAS present DICE!!!
            I'm not questioning your hatred of the system, and while I don't see many hackers (Australians have to pay through the ass for games. Why would we be able to afford hax? [my theory]) I fail to see how this is DICE's fault entirely. Glitches, Dodgy coding, bad map design are their fault, but Hackers aren't something they can easily control.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Superman goes 110-3....why am I not surprised!

              Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
              One of those hax devs and site owners was trolling battleog and linked his 18,000 units sold sales page for BF3 alone; right in a battlelog thread, granted he could of altered it..........I'm just saying, they are making money, $20 bucks a pop.....do the math.....and that was only one of the many games he sells hacks for.

              The only way EA can combat it to throw more resources at it, IE money, no way around it.

              They could start with throwing PB a couple hundred bucks and a few proxies so they dont have to troll the community to buy the haxs for them.

              I think it's safe to assume at this very moment the integrity of the game has been compromised and the powers that be simply do and will not give a flying fuk until it damages the bottom line. These hack devs aren't just 1 step ahead of PB, they are 4 or 5 and sprinting away down a moving sidewalk.

              I'm no game developer, I cant truly suggest how EA could better combat this, I'm just another paying customer that's been dealing with punkbusters downfalls since BF42, clearly a better system needs to be instituted or developed, EA might just have to spend some money and create their own anti hacking team for the games they publish rather than contract to the lowest bidder, who is conveniently always the ONLY bidder, it's simply come to that point.....

              I mean that's just a thought, another would be to not let the hax developers use battlelog to advertise and troll the very people who's entertainment time they are destroying, as long as they dont put thread titles in caps they are allowed to do as they please and trolalala all day long, it's disgusting.
              Yeah I highly doubt 18,000 hack sales. Highly HIGHLY doubt it.

              I'm not denying the integrity of the game is compromised but I would blame nothing on PB. They do what they can do, and if they can't get the hacks for themselves then they are useless. The best AC prevention is for the developers to proactively eliminate the weaknesses that lead to the hacks.

              I would consider MW2 to be the most hacked game I have ever played. Almost every lobby you went in was hacked with multiple cheaters playing in it. Yet VAC didn't deserve any of the blame. Infinity Ward didn't code a purity check in MW2. This is a main-stay in every single game ever created on the PC, but not on consoles. Essentially, this allowed hackers to change all the textures in game to blank textures so that they could see through the whole map, use the red/blue texture hacks, disable all forms visual hindrance such as fog, and of course the kicker, disable VAC. A player could disable the anticheat in MW2 with a simple program that required one click. This prevented 100% all bans and is still usable as IW never fixed the loopwhole. The developer originally created the hack to demonstrate to IW that they were lazily porting the game and now it is included in every single MW2 hack pack.

              Punkbuster is there to punish people who take advantage of a games' exploits, but those exploits are there because of the game developers.

              Originally posted by rebel444
              Anyway EA/DICE will refund my scratch for this truly entertaining hack infested adventure? Nope did'nt think so......
              BF3 just another hackers playground while all the legitimate players get screwed. Thanks for XMAS present DICE!!!
              Maybe I'm just lucky but I have seen probably one hacker since I bought the game.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

              Comment

              Working...
              X