Colors in BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colors in BF3

Using an injector you can get more vivid colors than the grey/blue thing we have now. There's apparently a very slim chance PB might detect it but no one was ever banned or anything so I guess they just said it in case anything bad happen.

I tested it, no problem at all but I had a very slight lag, not in fps but internet lag, I don't know if it was the injector or my connection/server or just me imagining things.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-injector.html

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...reenshots.html

I tested the injector modified by thefusion (no AA).

Re: Colors in BF3

DICE are still discussing whether they will allow it or not. They aren't banning for it at the moment, but if they decide they will, then they will.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I guess we have time before they take a decision and they will warn the community before taking any actions. The only problem if they don't allow it is getting used to colors then going back to the grey/blue color theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
        I guess we have time before they take a decision and they will warn the community before taking any actions.
        I wouldnt count on that. After all the same people have been banning peoples Origin accounts for posts made on Battlelog.

Comment

The question really is though how DICE will be able to detect it. PB is the only option but the injector doesn't change the .exe, so theoretically, it should be undetectable. The head admin of GGC said that he didn't find anything in the files that would set off PB, but the official response from Evenbalance themselves is that they don't recommend it. DICE has said nothing about it possibly being detectable. So of course, it is at use at your own risk program, but I don't think DICE would start to take any action without announcing it on at least Twitter.

Comment

Wow looks great! wish I could do that to my 360

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
              Wow looks great! wish I could do that to my 360
              suck it,console boy

Im not doing it tho lol

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                The question really is though how DICE will be able to detect it. PB is the only option but the injector doesn't change the .exe, so theoretically, it should be undetectable. The head admin of GGC said that he didn't find anything in the files that would set off PB, but the official response from Evenbalance themselves is that they don't recommend it. DICE has said nothing about it possibly being detectable. So of course, it is at use at your own risk program, but I don't think DICE would start to take any action without announcing it on at least Twitter.
                I took a look at the download package, and as far as I can tell it replaces a DX dll (dxgi.dll) with a custom one.
                And that certainly is a modified binary. Punkbuster may not detect it now, but there is no guarantee for the future. And I don't think you can expect much help in getting unbanned if it triggers PB.

Another thing is that the readme.txt contains this:
                ----------------------------
                WARNING:
                -----------------------------
                Do not use this tool while playing on anti cheat enabled servers (may be detected as a cheating measure)!

Comment

Yes they said that in case PB start to ban for it but for now there's 0 kicks/bans concerning the injector, 0.

Though I removed it too, not that I really fear anything but like most multiplayer game I don't even pay attention to the graphics after some minutes in the game, so just in case Dice is unhappy with people not liking their art direction someday and take the banhammer and I didn't check the news...

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                    I took a look at the download package, and as far as I can tell it replaces a DX dll (dxgi.dll) with a custom one.
                    And that certainly is a modified binary. Punkbuster may not detect it now, but there is no guarantee for the future. And I don't think you can expect much help in getting unbanned if it triggers PB.

Another thing is that the readme.txt contains this:
                    ----------------------------
                    WARNING:
                    -----------------------------
                    Do not use this tool while playing on anti cheat enabled servers (may be detected as a cheating measure)!
                    Just because it is a modified binary does not mean PB can ever detect it. It all depends on what the injector does. From what I've read, it's just a simple post effect mod that is applied over BF3 (definition of FXAA) and not applied as the game is rendered (which is what hacks do). No one knows whether or not it leaves a detectable "hack" signature and whether or not EB can update Punkbuster to detect it and kick/ban, which is why the disclaimer is there. Just from my understanding, all this injector is appears to be is a tool to enable Nvidia's FXAA. Nvidia does not allow you to turn this on through the control panel, but it can be forced on. AMD users are getting the entire Nvidia FXAA package with the injector.

With that said, PB doesn't actually ban people anyway. You should be more worried about PBBans and GGC, and GGC has said they have no problem with it.

I've tested it now some hours and it didn't cause any trouble with PB so far - from my point of view it's safe to use, however I can't guarantee that it won't cause trouble in the future.

The files contained in the .rar files are not cheat related in any way.
                    From the head admin. He has also confirmed that it is impossible to detect this using MD5 checks, so PB probably can't detect it.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is impossible for them to detect and it will never be bannable. I'm personally not using it until DICE allows it, if they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                      suck it,console boy

Im not doing it tho lol
                      My game has no bugs, no glitches that I'm aware of, no hackers so far, no origin crap, no battlelog crap, etc.

Suck it PC boy

(In all honesty I'd rather have a PC. I used to back in the BF2, Bf2142, and BC2 days.)

Comment

You played BC2 on PC? What are your computer specs?

Comment

Yeah, if you can play BC2 there is a high chance you can play BF3.

Edit: Unless, of course, if you can't for other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                            You played BC2 on PC? What are your computer specs?
                            I stopped playing PC back on June 30th 2010 cause I moved here to California from Switzerland. Back there I had a 3.0ghz dual core processor, 4GB of DDR2, a GTX260 core 216 and I OCed it, and I don't even remember the rest. I played the game on max graphics on my 19'' screen.

I miss PC gaming so much. Screw consoles, but at least they allow me to play games I love for a cheap price. Can't wait to get a decent job and buy a new PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                              Except that PB does much more than check the games .exe. It could easily detect it, It could detect if it's just installed and not even being used.

Comment

Working...
                              X