BF3 Crash/Hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF3 Crash/Hang

well i guess i will try it, my board is an asus p7p55d Asus. i do not have any soundcards it should be default windows/microsoft.

Comment

Crunch, thanks for the help man but i need a little more guidance if you may help further, below are the sites 1 for the mobo bios, the other two are gfx bios i am a bit confused as to which to go with for gfx, and mobo as well as the 'how to apply' :s

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
        kinda funny cause 560ti werent even made in 2009 lol, or dx11? re used chips anyone?

think mine was the same tho.

flashing is a breeze, just dont be running anything graphica(games)l as you do it.
        Motherboard BIOS.

Originally posted by Eagle101
        Crunch, thanks for the help man but i need a little more guidance if you may help further, below are the sites 1 for the mobo bios, the other two are gfx bios i am a bit confused as to which to go with for gfx, and mobo as well as the 'how to apply' :s

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/N...1GD5/#download
        For your motherboard BIOS you want version 2003, its below the 2101. The reason you dont want 2101 is because its beta and though I dont mind drivers being beta, I do mind firmware.

Now how to Apply it: When your system boots up at the POST screen you want to read it and you should see a message about ASUS EZ FLASH and a F key to hit. You want to put the ROM on a USB key and hit that key. It will go through a screen asking where the BIOS is. I think you can also use the hard drive. What I do is rename the .ROM file to flash.rom and put it on my C:\ then I just type C:\flash.rom and it will do the rest.

The process is explained on page 3-5 of your manual.

As for your video drivers, ASUS site has the latest released ones. You want to go to http://www.geforce.com/Drivers and click BETA/LEGACY FIND button and then put in your information.

Now if you still need to update your BIOS, you have to make sure your card is on the list to be flashed. There were only two: 70-C1CQ90-A06; 70-C1CQA0-A06. Your card should have a sticker on it that will have this number.

If it does match, what you do is download the file, extract it from its .rar format (heaven forbig they use zip) and then run the .exe. The EXE also has a version check, so if you dont want to take your system apart to check those numbers, you can depend on it.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

+Rep Crunch thanks alot man, will try applying this fix.

Comment

Ok was playing brink then after a round i got the infamous BSOD, now i cant even log back into windows. I got the 2003 ver bios update, flashed my BIOS now i am getting the "to unleash the power of your CPU, a BIOS update is required" W.T.F. i am cracking at this now, i do not know where my ASUS CD is, but i am working with my laptop going to try an earlier version BIOS.

Ok i am going to create a thread int he tech center as i am seeing this growing out of BF3 and more into the tech topic.

Comment

Hey Eagle,

I cant get to your other thread, but I did a google search and a large number of people fixed the issue by resetting the CMOS. Take your battery out of your motherboard and disconnect the power for about 10 minutes. Put the battery back and then the power and see how it goes.

Few others fixed it by going to other versions of BIOS, but I dont think that is necessary. Im sure its probably a setting that has changed in the BIOS after the update.

Comment

Many thanks Crunch, tried the CMOS thing then ran the setup but to no avail. I am currently waiting for my mate to get back from his trip he's quite the techy maybe i can get some assistance from him? i don't know. If all comes to worse and both of us cant do anything i guess i will just replace the motherboard, although there is not many 1156s' floating out there...i checked. thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
                  Many thanks Crunch, tried the CMOS thing then ran the setup but to no avail. I am currently waiting for my mate to get back from his trip he's quite the techy maybe i can get some assistance from him? i don't know. If all comes to worse and both of us cant do anything i guess i will just replace the motherboard, although there is not many 1156s' floating out there...i checked. thanks again!
                  I wouldnt replace the motherboad. Maybe try another BIOS at the most. This problem seems to happen with a number of different ASUS boards and people have figured them out, they just didnt post what they did. I found one post where the guy was an overclocker and he ran tests and even though he was getting the message, nothing was different on his tests.

Your processor is compatible with the board:

Some re-flashed using the DOS utility instead of the EZ flash one and that corrected it. Some went to another version of BIOS.

So this weird error can be fixed and you can go back to your origional BIOS as well. Thats one thing I love about Asus boards is their flexibility.

Comment

new motherboard possiblity is 1% out of a 100 really, just going to wait for my buddy to get back from Manchester and help me out, he is a computing major, and besides i cant deal with this right now got a 4K word report to complete in 10 days :s so right now using my laptop on PC display. Thanks so much Crunch! and once the problem is solved i will post back with what we did.

Comment

BUMP

Crunch, the problem is now solved, after hours of struggling my mate and i figured it out, the RAM modules were faulty/Fried so i put in some replacement ones for now. comp is running good as ever i guess. I will test BF3 again once i finished downloaidng some of my steam games. Thanks to all that helped

Comment

What?? Thats weird. All of them or one stick?

Im just curious. Glad you figured it out and gave an update! I hate it when people never reply back.

Comment

Both RAM sticks were faulty, and heat spreaders were loose for some reason :s i got accepted for an RMA request, as well as i put an order for an extra 8GB set for back up. the ram i used were Corsair Vengeance Arcticv White low volt model.

We tried the faulty sticks on my mate's system, he would get the same boot error, and in times blue screen. yeah sure about replying back man woulld not want to leave anybody else int he dark about this thanks again

Comment

Working...
                          X