Lets discuss maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets discuss maps!

I think Damavand is the best Rush map, and Kharg Island is the best conquest map. I play on the 360 so the 12v12 gameplay doesn't really allow for a front line since the maps are so sparsely populated and you can sneak around wherever you please. Rush helps concentrate the action into one tighter area which makes the battles seem larger. Although I'm more of a conquest fan myself, so I rarely play Rush.

If I were to play on PC, I'd imagine Caspian border would be my favorite map. I bet 32 on 32 is a lot more fun, except on maps like Metro and Bazaar where it's most likely an explosive spamfest.

Tehran Highway sucks, that's the only map I dislike.

Which is your favorite map, which is your least favorite, and why?

Re: Lets discuss maps!

I personally think they all suck. I've finally bought the game, and while I was blown away with the atmosphere, the maps are terrible. Theres no room. Every map is basically karkand, it's a meat grinder. I haven't found any servers that are playing the old BF2 maps unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by H3dgie
      I personally think they all suck. I've finally bought the game, and while I was blown away with the atmosphere, the maps are terrible. Theres no room. Every map is basically karkand, it's a meat grinder. I haven't found any servers that are playing the old BF2 maps unfortunately.
      Filter settings? Do you HAVE the expansion pack? Are the stars aligned and the right human sacrifice made?

Comment

^ hahahaha on star alignment and human sacrifice. Honestly i feel there are a lot of idiots out there bashing the wrong game but that's my opinion

My best favorite maps: Caspian / Kharg / Canals / and all Back 2 Karkand maps.

Least Favorited: Tehran / Seine / Metro although i tend to play metro / bazzar on infantry to up my weapons.

Comment

Fav: All back to karkan, kargh island and canals.
          The rest is just pretty much meh and doesnt bother me unless it's bazaar/metro 64 players...

What dice should really do to bring up the potential of their game to the max is make an urban map, but actually urban like a mix of karkand and bazaar, and put transport (and maybe attack?) choppers in it... just like Mashushuhuhuhhuuhuuhuhhur city, one of my favorite maps from bf2, but this time with bigger buildings and helicopters crash landing into them. Also i must admit i was disappointed with Karkand's destruction... so much to work with yet they only have destruction in an half part of the bigger buildings and you can barely take an whole house down

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
            just like Mashushuhuhuhhuuhuuhuhhur city, one of my favorite maps from bf2,
            Whats with this "trend" of putting more than neccesary letters in Arabic(?) BF2 map names? People saying "Jalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalalalalalalalalalalbad" was Jalalabad enough.

Comment

loooll, i added more hu's because i had no idea how to properly write it, so , not to be criticized for not knowing how to write the weird name of one of my fav maps, i exaggerated so people would notice i didn't know how to write it and was doing it on purpose... but then i got criticized for being a racist. i can't win

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                loooll, i added more hu's because i had no idea how to properly write it, so , not to be criticized for not knowing how to write the weird name of one of my fav maps, i exaggerated so people would notice i didn't know how to write it and was doing it on purpose... but then i got criticized for being a racist. i can't win
                Its an Alien language to most, so you dont have that same feeling for how it should sound.
                Just like Mississississississippi

I Like :
                Flying Jets on Wake, Firestorm and Caspian
                Tanks on Firestorm

At times the mindless carnage on Metro can be fun too, but it is not something I pull out when I fell the need to play Battlefield.

I drop out each time Damavand Peak starts to load.

And then there are the maps that I never really have gotten around to play, since they are in rotation behind maps that I dislike.

Comment

I never play Rush, so all these maps are on Conquest mode.

God tier:
                  Caspian
                  Strike at Karkand
                  Sharqi
                  Noshahr

Top tier:
                  Gulf of Oman
                  Kharg
                  Bazaar

Mid tier:
                  Wake Island (flame suit)
                  Firestorm

Low tier:
                  Damavand
                  Seine

Shit tier:
                  Metro
                  Tehran

I will play anything mid tier or above. The problem with most of these maps are that they are forced bottlenecks. Strike at Karkand is also a forced bottleneck, but it is so huge and there are so many avenues of attack that it is fun. You have the option of avoiding the bottleneck if you want, which is not a luxury on the vanilla BF3 maps.
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Yeah, Bazzar is a surprising one. For all its infantry focus, it can have some very tactical moments. I remember one fond round where there was actual progression while moving up around the corner to flank the meat corridor. Felt intense, but not CoD-level hopelessness.

Comment

If you play Bazaar on 32-48 player servers, and you have a good squad that works together, and you avoid the central alleyway, you can have a very fun and tactical game.
                      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Even Metro can be fun when both team try to push and you go back and forth but it's way too rare. Of course you need the Gods to smile on your server for that to happen.

Comment

On 12v12 360 the sides switch pretty often on Metro.

Comment

Originally posted by H3dgie
                            I Agree, most are stupid console size.

Even calling this BF is a stretch for me, kark saved it somewhat but i havent played bf3 for a week and im Rambo?.

Firestorm and oman are the only good ones,wake just blows and have been way overdone.

Interestingly karkand the spamland is now not too bad for infantry play and way better than vanilla maps.

Sharky is basically heli whores,more so than bf2 sharky.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                              I Agree, most are stupid console size.

Even calling this BF is a stretch for me, kark saved it somewhat but i havent played bf3 for a week and im Rambo?.

Firestorm and oman are the only good ones,wake just blows and have been way overdone.

Interestingly karkand the spamland is now not too bad for infantry play and way better than vanilla maps.

Sharky is basically heli whores,more so than bf2 sharky.
                              It's pretty sad that the map most people considered the worst of BF2, Karkand, is better than all the BF3 maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X