LOD on different resolutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOD on different resolutions?

I have 1920x1200 monitor and have played beta on 1600x1000 since I had slightly better FPS on lower res. Then came full retail game and new drivers that allowed me to play in Full-HD res and I did played in 1920x1200. Noticed that I have problems noticing enemies and often got killed by an enemy that was almost standing in front of me. Few days ago I changed res to 1600x1000 and started to get better K/D ratios. After few days playing in non-native monitor resolution I still have better K/D ratios. Game looks a bit uglier (if BF3 can be described as "ugly") and I'm starting to think that there is some change in the way engine scales LOD for player models and for environment on different resolutions. I found that player models have more "pop-up" effect against environment elements on 1600x1000 compared to 1920x1200.

Is it placebo effect? FPS in both cases is more than acceptable.

Re: LOD on different resolutions?

Who knows? I often get the feeling that something isnt quite right, and have considered just running the game on low.

Comment

did you change ur FOV by chance as well?

Comment

Originally posted by _X_
        I have 1920x1200 monitor and have played beta on 1600x1000 since I had slightly better FPS on lower res. Then came full retail game and new drivers that allowed me to play in Full-HD res and I did played in 1920x1200. Noticed that I have problems noticing enemies and often got killed by an enemy that was almost standing in front of me. Few days ago I changed res to 1600x1000 and started to get better K/D ratios. After few days playing in non-native monitor resolution I still have better K/D ratios. Game looks a bit uglier (if BF3 can be described as "ugly") and I'm starting to think that there is some change in the way engine scales LOD for player models and for environment on different resolutions. I found that player models have more "pop-up" effect against environment elements on 1600x1000 compared to 1920x1200.

Is it placebo effect? FPS in both cases is more than acceptable.
        Less pixels on the screen will equal better aim but native is best for performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
          Less pixels on the screen will equal better aim but native is best for performance.
          That's why i own so much with my 640x480!!

Comment

I'm playing in all low because I didn't want to upgrade my PC for one game and what I saw is when I'm in the air I can't see the infantry down there, I absolutely need the zoom perk in attack chopper/right click to zoom with the transport chopper. When I'm on ground vehicles/infantry I have no problem to see infantry far away though they blend well in the environment. Need to test when I can access my brother comp as he's playing in ultra.

But it's also harder to spot someone from afar on a smaller res/screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              did you change ur FOV by chance as well?
              No, FOV remained at max (90).

Comment

Working...
              X