Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performance increase with patch......so what did they do here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance increase with patch......so what did they do here?

So does anyone have an explanation or know what they did performance wise? it had to be big...........

Zoom and the way it implemented AA was a huge problem before, it was in BFBC2 as well.......zoom in FPS drop by 2/3rd, tank or rifle, zoom anything and you saw "it" terrible FPS combined with lots of jaggies regardless of if you had AA turned on or not.......since this patch not only does zooming in look wayyyyyyyy better, like the AA is finally working but it performs like butter compared to what it was before.

I know this isn't just me or user specific, most people have been seeing it regardless of their video cards camp or rig.....have they implemented something like the FXAA injector into the game? I certainly wont look a gift horse in the mouth by why on earth couldn't they do this back in BFBC2 and why was there no mention of any performance tweaks being such a significant/game impacting part of this patch?

My Trifire is now using all 3 GPU's at over 90% load all the time, it was all over the place before and rarley ever even reached 60-70%, and i did not touch my drivers, I'm sure that might have something to do with the more drastic increase I'm personally seeing but in general everyone is reporting much smoother gameplay/better FPS.

Also does anyone have the skinny on the interpolation/net smoothing? from my understanding the lower it is the better, you may see robot like movement but you will have a better game advantage.......am i correct in that assumption? I've tried it maxed and I've tried it at minimum.....
    I can not tell any difference in game, i still get death after reaching cover....perhaps just a placebo?

Re: Performance increase with patch......so what did they do here?

Improved chat system!!!!!! gonna keep playing to see what else! seriously though chat is a big up from what it was before.

Comment

Im afraid I could only guess at what they did.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

btw am experiencing terrible lag, is anyone on the same boat?

Comment

Interpolation is basically what you describe. Simply put, when it is turned up, the game may apply artificial lag to the game so that movements appear smoothy (I believe it predicts the position of a character using linear interpolation, but I'm not sure at all). When it is turned down, you see exactly where everything is and you see the exact position of hitboxes. Other things also react better, such as getting in vehicles. The downside of this is that movements can appear very jaggy as there is no smoothing.

But no, it does not improve getting shot while behind cover. That is an issue with lag compensation with is a different story. Lowering interpolation will help your hit detection, but you need to find the sweet spot. Turning it to 0% can just make your game seem rubber-bandy and not give you much of an advantage. Having it at 100% will give you a disadvantage due to the artificial lag. You just have to tweak it to find the point where you are best. Do note that it really is a placebo and it is only client-side, but at the same time, the placebo can help. Most people are finding a sweet spot around 40%.
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

After playing for a bit it definitely makes a different. As a whole, the game was running much more smoothly. I had an FPS drop with the last patch and this one brought it back up. I decided to experiment and I turned my interpolation down to about 40% (or what I estimated to be). At first the difference in smoothness was noticeable, but I got used to it and it feel fine now. But the hit registration is amazing now. That's probably a placebo but I took out my M416 and every shot that I took where my crosshairs were over the enemy was a hit (except for recoil). I then took out the SKS and I was getting constant hit registration, while before it would seem haphazard. And I haven't had a single one hit death situation since the change. Before I would be dead before I even heard the rounds. Now I can hear the rounds and see my health go down and I've had time to react. I've been getting consistent 3 k/d ratios since this patch.

So I'd definitely recommend dropping it a bit.

Comment

Textures look different. They seem less real. I turned up my graphics card settings, but it didnt seem to make a difference. The game seems more ugly to me. I wish I had some before pictures.
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'm feeling it as well.......I'm beginning to think they gimped one or another of the graphics settings somewhere behind the scenes which in turn is giving better overall performance.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  Textures look different. They seem less real. I turned up my graphics card settings, but it didnt seem to make a difference. The game seems more ugly to me. I wish I had some before pictures.
                  Don't forget that their idea of improvement from BF2 to BF2142 was less textures, made for a more bland looking game.

Comment

When I was on briefly last night I thought my game was runnig worse than before the patch, it seemed quite jittery

Comment

Fiddle with the Network Interpolation slider under Options > Gameplay.

Setting it to the Middle is supposedly the best for Local Servers.

Comment

I switched to back to zero lol, lag was gone but i dont see the textures you guys are talking about, the only weird textures i saw were last night when playing on Bazaar and i saw the Assault class guy in like a funny camo it was all clunky and weird.

Comment

I noticed allot of texture issues on bazaar, at-least with the TDM version, that's the map that made me think they might now be using a anti aliasing injector because i could literally see the textures for the building loading in one at a time at the start of round and have had more than a few glitches where i could see through buildings on the edges of my FOV.

Comment

Just to note, the interpolation changes aren't what is causing the game to run better when you zoom or have anything to do with AA looking better.

That can only be something else they've tweaked.

Comment

Textures looks the same to me. I was actually thinking they looked better...

Comment

Working...
                              X