EA Origin bans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Origin bans

So EA is issuing temp and perma Origin account bans for violating their forum rules?

This is the story of MaximumTacos who apparently didn't do anything other than have someone quote his name and swear at him in the Battlelog forum. EA promptly banned his account and all his games in origin including BC2 which he purchased on steam.

Even more odd bans here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...pdate-edition/
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Re: EA Origin bans

Idiots. That kind of rumors will kill their chance of moving in on Steams territory.
    Not that I am surprised, EA marketing has always been an interesting blend of lies and incompetence.

I dont really see any reason to use Origin except for BF3.
    *Register older BF games? Sorry, no can do it this week, ask again next week. Repeat ad infinitum
    *Buy old EA games for cheap? What do you say, Spore cant be registred on the spore portal? Yeah, we knew that, but decided to sell it anyway. Enjoy!

Comment

our clan leader just woke up this morning to a perma ban for having his origin name being "Birdsht"

that was the only offense, not even the word "shit" just "sht" , no warning, nothing....just perma banned!

it took 3 customer service reps, the 1st two told him there was nothing they could do, he was perma banned forever by a game manager (he's never posted in a forum so he couldn't of pissed off a grifer/troll)! He finally got a English speaking rep in the US who changed his name for him but it took him almost 2 hours. No joke, the only reason they perma banned him without warning was the 3 letters "sht" in his name.

I can see why they are doing the broad sweeps with all the trolls and spammers but they are casting the net way too wide on this one.

With the overwhelming amount of blatant hackers trolling and announcing such, spammers and grifers in the battlelog forums i think the best idea is going to be to avoid the forums all together, it's not like there's any nuggets of valuable info there or anything like that so your certainly not missing anything.

Comment

I heard about the banning from forums equaling a game. The best part is that it isn't only the Battlelog forums. Go on the EA US forums and the same thing will happen. Oddly enough, the EA UK forum seems to be separate. But you could be banned from the EA US forum by posting something in the off-topic section and suddenly you lose all your EA games based on the discretion of a lowly moderator. It just makes no sense at all.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

well no ones going to ban me or would want to and i call dice a muther fucher retard every day on the forums.

Comment

If they moderated their boards to begin with this could have been avoided, but these bans have no substance and they should fix the mistakes. Doesn't surprise me at all with ea pulling this it's the typical way they do business which in turn pushes more people toward steam. Banning games that people bought before or from other vendors is just way over the top, how about just ban them off the bf3 forums first and then if they continue to break rules then more action.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
              well no ones going to ban me or would want to and i call dice a muther fucher retard every day on the forums.
              All it would take is for you to piss off one grifer or troll and have him go through everything you've ever posted and report every swear or offense; sadly there's no limit to the amount of people that would do this.......I'm just sayin......

I think i will just refrain from posting there period, most of anything informative or of substance you post there falls on deaf ears anyway, you certainly are not going to find an abundance of players with any team related traits in there, they are all uber l33t k/d ratio SPM masters in their own eyes and care little about contributing to a win............the teamwork abilities and battlefield awareness has fallen sharply with this title, proper teamwork is at a premium these days.

Originally posted by idontcare
              If they moderated their boards to begin with this could have been avoided, but these bans have no substance and they should fix the mistakes. Doesn't surprise me at all with ea pulling this it's the typical way they do business which in turn pushes more people toward steam. Banning games that people bought before or from other vendors is just way over the top, how about just ban them off the bf3 forums first and then if they continue to break rules then more action.

swear filter, ignore list

/problem

wayy too easy for EA though....................

Comment

Good reason not to post on their forum. EA bans are harsh, you loose access to your games, now that is just wrong.

Comment

wtf.

Comment

I can see the lawsuit coming!
                    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
                    Steam: Stryker
                    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
                    Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                      swear filter, ignore list
                      seriously. most modern forums have word filters. Instead of this, EA just decides to ban?

Originally posted by Eagle101
                      wtf.
                      !ban
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                        I can see the lawsuit coming!
                        That is what I was thinking...But I'm sure that you signed away your rights the second you clicked that EULA, which is BS because you still should have access to the product, just only get suspended from the community forums, more to the point, there should be a warning system in place. Since you are dealing with people's money here...you are really starting to tread some legal territory that could be bad.

For those people not State-side though, there was recently a Supreme Court decision that says that you can put txt in a client agreement that say you will not participate in a Class Action Lawsuit. I'm not going to pull the links but it is dealing with AT&T. AT&T won. It wouldn't surprise me to see EA turn around and update their EULA to say that you will not join in a lawsuit with others that have had problems. Sony might do the same too.

Comment

Working...
                        X