Destruction 2.0 a tone down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destruction 2.0 a tone down?

Since it's release, I played Bad Company 2 up until June of 2010. I absolutely loved the game. There were endless ways to play the game. You could go through that doorway that the enemy is camping, orrrr you could blow a freaking hole in the wall and go in a different way, better yet just drop the building on him.

It seemed that there was a lot more destruction going on in BC2. You'd start out a round with a beautiful landscape, and halfway through it was a WW1esque No Man's Land with no trees, buildings, and tons of craters in the ground. Now BF3 seems like a step down from BC2. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Most of the buildings in BC2 could be brought down, and in BF3 most cannot. There's a bigger variety of buildings in BF3 but I almost prefer BC2's destructibility to BF3s eye-candy buildings since it offered more in terms of replayability.

Re: Destruction 2.0 a tone down?

Wait for Back to Karkand, it seems there's more destruction compared to vanilla BF3.

Comment

They focused more on micro-destruction for some dumb reason. No one cares that little pieces of cement fall off a building, we want the entire building to fall down damn it!

The best way to get destruction is to play on high ticket servers. Like 1500 tickets. By the end of those, most of the maps are leveled.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Even on high ticket servers, which xbox servers don't seem to have, is that the buildings aren't very destructible to begin with. In BC2 things would literally be completely flat with the exception of steel reinforced buildings under construction.

Comment

Console couldn't handle the graphics + destruction, so they toned it down, along with everything else...
          PSN: Xclusiveitalian
          Steam: Stryker
          Origin: Xclusiveitalian
          Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

I wish they had dedicated the time spend on the campaign to two versions of the game: a dedicated PC version, and a console version. Would make everybody happy. I'm not sure if DICE/EA are really retarded or if they're actually making a killing that we don't realize.

Funny thing about these big companies is that they don't really please anybody 100%. However, with small companies with a dedicated base of fans they have to appeal to just to survive, they always get the game just right.

Comment

I feel a little lacking in terms of destruction, because when i shoot trees wuth my rifle they dont go down, i feel that some destrucability is missing. With that being said i am waiting for Back to Karkand seeing as it has new destructionand new maps, not to say i am getting bored of the vanilla maps far from it but i would love to see the nostalgic maps looks on the FB2 engine

Comment

true, i also felt like they could have brought back the ability to mow down trees with the 50 cals

Comment

And what about those indestructible light posts that no matter how many times I fly my jets into them, they never fall over?

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                    And what about those indestructible light posts that no matter how many times I fly my jets into them, they never fall over?
                    THIS THIS AND THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                      THIS THIS AND THIS!
                      Those lights are a throwback to honor the cranes on Dalian Plant.
                      "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

everything should go down, if i drive a tank to a light pole it should go down, if my 50 cal mows a tree line it should go down, if my plane decides to crash into a crane it should go down, it all should go down like liquid. Destruction we all can believe in.

Eagle for prez 2012.

Comment

You get my vote.

I wish there was a way to disable certain maps, I absolutely hate Tehran Highway with a passion. I like every single map but that.

Another tone down is the maps, BF2 had way more maps, they were larger, and the objectives were further apart. Sadly EA is retarded and things will only go down hill from here.

Comment

I'm glad many PC servers are removing the bad maps from their rotations. I haven't played Tehran or Damavand in a while. Unfortunately, I feel like all the servers are now running Firestorm, Kharg, and Capsian 24/7. Great maps, but I'd like some infantry maps too. Unfortunately most of the infantry maps suck.

Comment

BTW speaking of maps and serves is anyone noticing a lack of players or is it just me? usually i see o/48 or 0/64 and the like, it gets on my nerves that sometimes i dont see populated servers, i filter my search to 1-5 persons nill, then 5+ nill wtf.

Comment

Working...
                              X