Javelin and SOFLAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javelin and SOFLAM

I finally unlocked the SOFLAM and want to use it, but I have never been an engineer with Javelin so I have no clue on how to make it work for those that do have the javelin.

So you have the javelin and someone has used the SOFLAM and you are going to shoot on this locked target. What do you do?
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Javelin and SOFLAM

I found a good video that seems to show how to use it:

So it looks like you still lock on with it, but by pointing at the orange box regardless of whats in front of it.

Comment

am too close to unlocking it lol canot wait to try it out, although i must say i have fallen in love since bad company 2 with the free fall rocket system

Comment

ahah i miss that with BFBC2 - usuing a tracer, getting locked on, point straight up and fire and a hit almost every time

Comment

thanks for sharing this crunch. i still think there should be tracer darts and portable lazer guided rockets like the erix

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            So you have the javelin and someone has used the SOFLAM and you are going to shoot on this locked target. What do you do?
            I get into a Tank and use the guided shell. Unless they patched it, the Javelin will miss 4 out of 5 shots when fired at a designated target.
            But otherwise it works like in the video, you can aim at the diamond throug lots of stuff.

SOFLAM tips: Like mines, it remains after you are dead, at least for a while.
            So you can place the SOFLAM at a clever location and then respawn as an Engineer with Javelin.

Another video from the same guys:

Comment

anyone wants to play with me and teamwork with javelin and soflam? i have both so if you only need to have one of those

Comment

For so much effort in getting SOFLAM to work (one player needs to aim with it and the second player to use Javelin) it misses targets too often, and damage on armor is just slightly higher than regular RPG so not worth it IMHO.

Comment

the bonus for it should be much better. what currently happens seems not to be worth all the work so pubs wont even bother about it

Comment

Originally posted by _X_
                    For so much effort in getting SOFLAM to work (one player needs to aim with it and the second player to use Javelin) it misses targets too often, and damage on armor is just slightly higher than regular RPG so not worth it IMHO.
                    The SOFLAM works on it's own. You can deploy it and forget about it.

Comment

It doesnt track targets though, it only does a line of sight.

I read on one site that they did some testing with the javelin and the soflam and they said that the javelin increases to x3 what it normally does. I dont know how accurate that is, they didnt have any footage or data to back up where they got the x3, but they do seem to disable tanks a lot quicker.

Its also nice in jets and helis as its almost an instant lock on.

Unfortunatly me and some friends were trying it out last night and the javelin does miss a lot and the third seat in the tank does a better SOFLAM than the SOFLAM itself.

Another issue with the SOFLAM is its a big read beacon and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE shoots at it. It stands out too much because of the big red laser that acts like a red flashlight.

I feel that DICE really needs to go back and redesign the SOFLAM and javelin system a bit. The next patch adjusts a few things and hopefully it will make it much better.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                        The SOFLAM works on it's own. You can deploy it and forget about it.
                        Yes, you as sniper can forget about it, but the player with Javelin cannot use it properly if SOFLAM is not operated. Whats more, SOFLAM can target planes and choppers and that actually makes sense, cause in most cases it is one-shot-one-kill. But SOFLAM must be operated to achieve that. When it comes to destroying tanks it is faster to use 3 RPGs than 2 JAVELINS with SOFLAM guidance.

Comment

I agree with you crunch. i've already mistaken the soflam on top of a building for a sniper with a laser

Comment

Originally posted by _X_
                            Yes, you as sniper can forget about it, but the player with Javelin cannot use it properly if SOFLAM is not operated. Whats more, SOFLAM can target planes and choppers and that actually makes sense, cause in most cases it is one-shot-one-kill. But SOFLAM must be operated to achieve that. When it comes to destroying tanks it is faster to use 3 RPGs than 2 JAVELINS with SOFLAM guidance.
                            It doesnt need to be operated to target ground vehicles, it just has a limted range and FOV

Comment

Working...
                            X