• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlin
    replied
    Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Release Tonight

Originally posted by John Carr
    Yes, I was perfectly fine until this patch came out. Before patch, I can't remember ever seeing a disconnect. Occosionaly I'd get a BF3.exe is not responding, but that was maybe once a week. One out of every 50 games or so.

But now, I can't play a single game without a disconnect.

What PORTS should I open?

TCP: 80,443,9988, 20000-20100,22990,17502, 42127
    UDP: 3659, 14000-14016,22990-23006, 25200-25300

Leave a comment:

• John Carr
    replied

Yes, I was perfectly fine until this patch came out. Before patch, I can't remember ever seeing a disconnect. Occosionaly I'd get a BF3.exe is not responding, but that was maybe once a week. One out of every 50 games or so.

But now, I can't play a single game without a disconnect.

What PORTS should I open?

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied

Originally posted by John Carr
    I can't really give an opinion on this patch, BECAUSE I CAN'T FRIGGIN STAY IN THE GAME LONG ENOUGH.

I get disconnected from EVERY server I join. Sometimes I can maybe get 15 minutes of play, but usually I'm disconnected within the first 2 minutes.

"Game Disconnected. Something went wrong" My personal favorite idiotic error message
    "Game Disconnected. Game or Server timeout"
    "You were disconnected from EA Online"
    "Cannot connect to the server"
    "Server Timed Out"

There are a few more. Been like this for 3 days, or pretty much since the patch came out.
    Were you fine before the patch came out? It sounds like the problem I had, I solved it by opening ports on my modem/router.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

The patch seemed to have broke something in the .Net 3.5 software. You should be able to find that in your control panel in PROGRAMS and do a repair on it.

Otherwise, if you would like help, start a new thread and pust your system specs and a dxdiag and we will start with that.

Leave a comment:

• John Carr
    replied

I can't really give an opinion on this patch, BECAUSE I CAN'T FRIGGIN STAY IN THE GAME LONG ENOUGH.

I get disconnected from EVERY server I join. Sometimes I can maybe get 15 minutes of play, but usually I'm disconnected within the first 2 minutes.

"Game Disconnected. Something went wrong" My personal favorite idiotic error message
    "Game Disconnected. Game or Server timeout"
    "You were disconnected from EA Online"
    "Cannot connect to the server"
    "Server Timed Out"

There are a few more. Been like this for 3 days, or pretty much since the patch came out.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Good. I had to light up infantry with that and most the time theyd just run off.

Leave a comment:

• signa
    replied

I noticed the damage on the little bird choppers has changed. sniper rifles and general shooting bullets seems to damage the small chopper a lot more. On the other hand though, i think the little birds mini-gun is doing more damage on infantry now.

Leave a comment:

• John Carr
    replied

I would have been really happy if they fixed the damn chat box. Its still WAY to BIG, and in the way. Its very distracting.

It's good they fixed the enemy AA exploit, and the EOD-BOT repair exploit.

I also noticed today that there are a LOT of players in the top scores that have been reset.

Leave a comment:

• *FMJ*Power
    replied

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    Power, they cant add everything at once. Perhaps they are figuring out how to adjust IRNV? Maybe they found a problem with the TAC light fix?

Everyones complaining about whats not in the patch and I can understand that for some, such as the above mentioned, but this isnt the final patch.

Then I see people complaining that DICE didnt increase squad size. When did DICE say they would? When are they going to understand that its 4. The End. I just dont get it.
    I know , i know....I was being very cynical, hadn't had my coffee yet and have just about had my fill of every single death being through a IRNV scope............but still.......they need to put a stop to these developers squawking work details on their twitter and facebook accounts, it does nothing but confuse the community, just like it did here with the tac light and IRNV, if some dev didn't open his mouth in his tweets noone would of even expected it to be coming therefore no outrage.....I mean why build this entire facebook/twitter look alike battlelog if your devs are going to go use the inspiration for said service to spread news?

To be honest it looks like they tweaked allot of stuff noone was even asking for and totally skipped over the laser beam rifles everyone was complaining about, i still think it's way too early to be tweaking as many weapons as they did.

The server side changes as they stand will be a death blow for server rentals and perhaps the game, all to appease the people crying over a arbitrary number next to someones name; like statpadding makes them a better player or something. You cant even start a unranked server without 4 people idling and now you cant turn the idle kick off so after 5 minutes they get booted.

It wont take long for people to simply cancel their servers, I know we wont be renewing on the 1st, I'm sick of spending my game time idling trying to jump start a server because the auto join feature is broken only to watch it sit empty after it inevitably crashes because it always does..............and now i cant alt and tab out because i will get kicked for idle plus i need 4 other live players to sit there twiddling their mouse around so they don't get kicked either? GTFO DICE! I mean did they honestly think that was a good idea for encouraging server rentals? 3850 total servers in the USA, 440 are populated........only 300 have enough players for a game....and only 10 of them have 64 people in them.......that cant be sustained for very long, it sure does seem like they are casually and carelessly making some drastic decisions that will seriously effect player counts forever with no prior thought whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• sithdemon
    replied

Anyone acting this disappointed in the first patch has some very short term memory and rose coloured glasses.

First not to give them a pass, and BF3 has been crashing a bit/disconnecting/Blue screening. However compared to BF2, it's already more stable, the first like 6 months to 1 year of BF2 was random game crash central. But we stuck with it because the gameplay it self was worth it, and for some of us BF3 is worth it once again.

And as far as balance tweaks and over powered issues, lets talk J-10 vs JSF, a patch addressing that came what 3-4 years after release. AA was largely worthless until 1.4 then it was over powered, then it was blanaced in 1.5, and even most people on here didn't bother trying it out once that happend, so I made a AA guide on these forums to help people.

Bad company 2 was the only DICE game I've played Since BF2 that, that almost never crashed upon release, and after a few patches it was perfect for me.

So expecting perfection off the bat, is simply denying history, it'll be how well they do in the next few months where we can be a bit more critical.

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied

The release notes please me, however like some others have said the tactical light reduction would have been nice this time round. I dont even know the names of half of these guns

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

There isnt one because BF3 runs perfect. :wee:

They didnt make one yet. Just make a new thread, it will be OK. Im at work now, but maybe tonight we can poke around and see whats going on.

Leave a comment:

• DerStig
    replied

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    Yeah its funny. The last few days Ive been in the tech support section telling people that the patch wont fix their PC problems. People waited and waited and told me I was a smuck and how wrong I was and that there was nothing wrong with their machines and it was DICE and EAs fault for all the crashes. Ive even fixed a few peoples problems before this patch, the few that were willing to try what I had.

Make a new thread Stig and post your DXdiag and give your PC manufacturer parts and let us know whats running and maybe we can fix the problem. Or you can do what everyone else is doing and wait for DICE to fix their PCs.
    Where is the support section for BF3? I can't seem to find it. I can see one for BFBC2, BF2, BF2142, not for BF3 though.

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

Yea it really is beyond me and im extremely annoyed at DICE.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Just like when they did all the changes in BC2 on weapons no one wanted touched. They look at their precious spreadsheets and see something that they dont like, so nerf.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X