X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 is much better, period.

Originally posted by anton2k
    99%
    All you have to do is prove your 99%. I showed how the numbers are huge to get that.

My 3 years isnt anymore misleading than my less than a month to fix the entire game. I wish/want/desire as well.

Yep, thats me, here to annoy people. Im known around here as the troll. Everything that I have posted has been falsehoods and stretched truth. You can go through these forums and see post after post of it. Others can post 99% and take it for fact. Question it though, and thats where I come in.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      All you have to do is prove your 99%. I showed how the numbers are huge to get that.

My 3 years isnt anymore misleading than my less than a month to fix the entire game. I wish/want/desire as well.

Yep, thats me, here to annoy people. Im known around here as the troll. Everything that I have posted has been falsehoods and stretched truth. You can go through these forums and see post after post of it. Others can post 99% and take it for fact. Question it though, and thats where I come in.
      I never claimed the 99% number, I have however said, the majority is unhappy and I will stand behind that. You make a global poll today with some simple questions

- "Are you happy with BF3"
      - "Has BF3 fullfilled your expectations after BF2"
      - "Will you play BF3 a year from today"
      - "Has DICE kept their word about BF3"
      - "Is BF3 a true PC Battlefield game or a console remake"

You will have people backing up our claims in all of those questions, majority of them, that is %50.01, will agree with us. Maybe we all should stfu, create a poll somewhere, and post it on every single gaming website that has a BF3 sub section, then let the numbers speak for themselves. Then maybe you'll believe us.

Comment

Stig, if you notice the conversation, its not on you.

To answer your questions though, which are good, though vague:

Yes
        Yes
        Yes
        No
        Yes

Comment

You have quoted me and told me to prove my 99%, if I'm supposed to take that as it's not on me, then I think I need to learn the secret language of this forum!

Anyways, not trying to start a fight, I'm not sure why you are very defensive when it comes to BF3.

Comment

Overall I think BF3 is, or at least has the potential to be better than BF2. BF2 was a great game but it had even more problems than BF3 did at launch. The infantry was broken, guns were and still are in BF2, quite useless and inaccurate compared to other FPS games. The games netcode is so bad that anything over 50 ping and the guns are inconsistent over a distance of 10m. The air to air was the same, missiles were broken, jets were imbalanced, and the chain gun was next to useless against competent pilots due to the netcode problems again. The maps were great, probably the best feature that BF2 had, but a lot of them didn't have enough vehicles.

1942 was the best of the series. It incorporated everything well, great infantry play, mix of infantry only maps to extremely vehicle heavy maps (aberdeen/battle of britian.... like 40 tanks/air planes at once), to the great mixed combat maps like el alamein and gazala. It seemed BF2 tried to go for the mixed style maps and didn't quite pull it off properly. BF2 also had horrible balance issues compared to 42, planes were imbalanced amongst one another and with interaction with ground forces. There was literally nothing that could take down a plane in BF2 other than another plane and there were huge disparities between hitboxes and turning speed that gave certain planes a HUGE advantage. Choppers were a dumbed down easy to fly version of DC choppers, the only thing that made them fun was the TV guided missile.

In BF3 the infantry is a GIGANTIC improvement to BF2. I didn't even have fun playing BF2 infantry, it was so noobish and retarded. Did you really have that much fun C4 spamming or Support nade spamming on karkand only maps? If I wanted to play infantry I'd go to CSS or 42 because there was nothing worth playing in BF2. BF3 makes guns powerful and usable again. It also takes away the nade spamming (thank god), even though it's been replaced with RPG spamming. But RPG spamming of BF3 is nowhere near the power of nade spamming in BF2. The vehicles are much better balanced. A good player can still do well in them but there exists possible counters for every vehicle. The maps are ok..... a little too small and not enough vehicles on most of them. Probably my biggest complaint with the game. The new game modes are great. I hated that BF2 essentially had one game mode and that was it, it got very boring after a while. I love rush and wish they would bring back CTF soon.

The thing I'm pissed about is that BF3 PC version was rushed to launch. It's clearly an unfinished product. They had to switch to consoles to get them out in time and now are working on patching the PC version. It's a horrible tactic that disgusts me, but at least there is potential for improvement here. I think if they improve these issues BF3 will be amazing.

Major issues that need to be addressed:
            -TV guided missile for choppers. Problems range from being useless, to blowing up your own chopper 1/5 the time, to actually crashing the server (lol).
            -Fighters need more power vs. choppers and against ground units. I hear this is being addressed somehow though. Currently bombers are very devastating on choppers and tanks but their only available in rush mode. Fighters need more cannon splash damage on infantry, more rocket splash damage, etc. Bombers are just perfect, powerful, but counterable and not OP.
            -CTD issues.
            -Vehicles need to be disabled at ~25% health. 50% is ridiculous because then it only takes 1 stinger to disable an air vehicle. More importantly, once a vehicle is disabled, you still need to take out the remaining 50% hp to register a kill. What do most people do when they get disabled? They bail the fuck out, obviously. There needs to be more incentive to stick with your vehicle. If you lower the disabled HP% it makes it so you need to do more damage to disable, but less to kill, resulting in more kills once you're able to disable a vehicle. It also reduces the deaths from the random stinger through flares.
            -Airfields on maps need to be moved a significant distance away from the center of the battle. Unkillable stationary AA meant to stop camping can tear up aircraft and ground vehicles (seems wrong no?) in the center of the map. I've actually gone like 40-0 on kharg Island Rush using the stationary AA all round. Don't decrease the power of the AA, just move it the hell away from the battlefield. Move runways far back, this can't be a difficult mod on most maps.
            -Squad system/customization Menu needs to be completely redone. The old BF2 squad system was much, much better. A fan actually made an ideal menu a while ago in photoshop. 4 person limit to squads is also just plain retarded. 6 is a great number (make it so you can only spawn on the squad leader, or perhaps 2nd in command. Spawning on all 6 + spawn beacons is a bit overkill).

Minor issues that need to be addressed:
            -Height ceiling adjusted for planes, ~800[units] is far too low. You can lock on to an aircraft with a stinger that's exceeded the altitude limit...... Just doesn't make sense. Make it something like 2000-3000, give the planes some room to fly. Also the height ceiling on canals is like ~300, wtf is up with that?
            -Stingers need decreased range and decreased time-to-lock. Reduce each proportionally. Say 300-500 distance range, but only a ~2-3 second lock time compared to their current 800+ range and 4+ second lock time. The only thing current stingers do is annoy the hell out of aircraft and give the pilots potential hearing problems with the constant beeping. Also using a stinger seems very useless as you have to wait for a long time to get the lock. If you reduced range and lock-on time it would mean someone with a stinger could threaten a jet attacking their portion of the map in a decent amount of time. Currently a stinger can lock on to a jet ANYWHERE in the map and do nothing but annoy the pilot.
            -More incentive to drop ammo, I always seem to run out of ammo if I'm not playing support.

All I can think of for now.

Comment

ELDER WINS!

I agree with all of that. If i was still a mod, Id give you 100 rep!

Comment

Originally posted by DerStig
                I never claimed the 99% number, I have however said, the majority is unhappy and I will stand behind that. You make a global poll today with some simple questions

- "Are you happy with BF3"
                - "Has BF3 fullfilled your expectations after BF2"
                - "Will you play BF3 a year from today"
                - "Has DICE kept their word about BF3"
                - "Is BF3 a true PC Battlefield game or a console remake"

You will have people backing up our claims in all of those questions, majority of them, that is %50.01, will agree with us. Maybe we all should stfu, create a poll somewhere, and post it on every single gaming website that has a BF3 sub section, then let the numbers speak for themselves. Then maybe you'll believe us.
                Those questions are loaded, and will mostly attract those who are dissatisfied with BF3.
                To get anything of statistical significance, you will need a randomly selected group of people to answer. And a proper poll without bias of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                  Those questions are loaded, and will mostly attract those who are dissatisfied with BF3.
                  To get anything of statistical significance, you will need a randomly selected group of people to answer. And a proper poll without bias of course.
                  Exactly.

Many of you are acting like I said BF3 was perfect and its far from it. Im talking BF2 remake or the features. The only feature I was sad about losing was Commander and I can live without that as most commanders sucked.

Comment

Exactly.

Many of you are acting like I said BF3 was perfect and its far from it. Im talking BF2 remake or the features. The only feature I was sad about losing was Commander and I can live without that as most commanders sucked.
                    To be perfectly honest, I'm glad the commander position was scrapped from BF3. Not that it wasn't an awesome mode that really added to the game, but it could monumentally shift the tides of a game. In competition I loved this because I always had a competent commander on my team. Someone that could guard one of the back bases or help with pixel aiming a spawn while still commanding efficiently. But on some maps in pubs where people would refuse to command, or even worse, you'd have a noob commanding it could really ruin the game. Commander mode was so important and incorporated into the BF2 experience that not having one/having a retarded one really ruined the game.

Comment

ELDER WINS!

I agree with all of that. If i was still a mod, Id give you 100 rep!
                      Wait, when did you stop being a mod?

But I played BF2 last night, I hosted a LAN game with my older brother. It was fun, but all I can say at this point the only major thing that BF2 has going for it over BF3 that I could clearly see is LAN support.

I still love it, but certain things are only on par and worse than BF3. That and the small things in BF3, such as bipods and suppressive fire are nice and give a bit of tactical incentive.

Comment

Last week or two weeks ago. Im sorry.

There are a few things BF2 has that I think BF3 should, which are Battle Recorder and Squad VoIP.

Commander was a nice thing, but its something I can live without. I dont see how having two more in a squad makes any difference pubbing. Clans and leagues I can see need it.

In game browser; I want to get to a game, filter my options, and see ALL the servers. I dont care if its a browser or not.

Better maps; What does that even mean? Better for me is not going to be better for everyone else.

BF3 needs to be working well and its not. It was rushed out the door. Thats how it is unfortunatly. Now we have to wait for more patches, which there has already been 2 or 3 server side ones. The thing is, looking in the technical support forums on Battlelog, the patches are not going fix most those peoples issues. They have PC problems and refuse to admit it. Not all of them, but a good number. So the patch will be released and it wont fix those things and people will keep on.

I guess me and my friends and many of you are lucky that it is working, from what I read.

Comment

Last week or two weeks ago. Im sorry.
                          What?!?!?! Why!?!?!??!

Comment

wow, to everyone who took the 99% remark seriously, grow a brain... you really think that i really meant 99%? it was a pun on occupy wall street and others of the like, haven't you guys heard it? "we are the 99%" i was by no means being serious... and i am more than aware of how many copy's of bf3 have been sold (Consoles & PC), half of the ten million they made..... i would love to see bf3 PC sales alone, i bet you any money they are lower than what bf2 has to date (oh what to we have hear if they figures are true then bf3 will be lucky if it sees 2.5 million on the pc, u know how the pc market works....). Any way not meaning to get of topic but BF3 is no fitting squeal to BF2 IMO!!! and i am entitled to my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DerStig
                              You have quoted me and told me to prove my 99%, if I'm supposed to take that as it's not on me, then I think I need to learn the secret language of this forum!

Anyways, not trying to start a fight, I'm not sure why you are very defensive when it comes to BF3.
                              Oh yeah, looks like that was my mistake. Sorry Stig. It wasnt directed at you at all. I was doing all that on my phone and its a bit small. I guess I checked the wrong box.

I sorta corrected that.

Comment

Oh yeah, looks like that was my mistake. Sorry Stig. It wasnt directed at you at all. I was doing all that on my phone and its a bit small. I guess I checked the wrong box.

I sorta corrected that.
                                No problem, no harm done

Comment

Working...
                                X