Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 is much better, period.

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    I dont want you to say anything. Every time you do you prove yourself wrong.

So, see you around. Not on BF3 Im sure.
    You are so difficult!

I am not giving up on BF3 yet, still hopeful with B2K map pack and the first maybe the second patch, if by Q1 of 2012 this is still the same, then you may not see me on BF3.

Comment

Don't forget that massive MP depends on players. Right now BF2 is played only by players that are experienced and eager to practice team-work. Try to remember first few mounts of BF2, disregarding technical problems. It was a mess. Right now, BF3 is in same state. Give it some time and what is more important, give other players time to get used to BF3 mechanics and the idea that teamwork is necessary to win. Right now everyone plays BF3 to get some unlocks and badges and ranks. When that passes more and more players will play BF3 as it is intended to be played. As BF2 is played for the past few years.
      In the mean time, post on forum thread your BF3 name or create a platoon so players that do want to play in a team-play fashion can get together cause that is one of the nice options of BF3. Then you can start making some videos of good gameplay and soon enough you will have your teamplay army

Comment

I have to agree BF3 is not what it should have been. After playing BF2 back in 2006 and dreaming of what the next BF could be, this is not what I was thinking, except the graphics, which were done really well. The only thing I don't agree with is the Single Player, I played them both, and have to say COD MW3 one was awful. BF3 did indeed take a more serious approach and they were both really linear but I didn't enjoy MW3's one at all...or BF3. BF3 wanted to destroy COD and the only way was to become COD. Now where do all the displaced BF2 players go? Skyrim? Arma 3? I hope a 3rd party company buys and upgrades BF2's engine or rebuilds a similar one and makes a game with it so I can enjoy a game for more than...a few months...

I could complain about all the problems it has but I hate that there is only Russia, and USA...Just like COD...are you serious?

Where is MEC? Where is PLA? Why is Russia in Karkand, and Wake? Why are carriers even more static and useless? Where are all the vehicles? Why are maps so small? Why are the big maps capture points layed out as if they were designed for small maps? Why are jets slower than jeeps? Where is commander, and artillery, UAV? Where is squad work and teamwork in general? Why is everyone support? Why is everyone rocket spamming? Why don't ammo and medic packs have physics like BF2 had 6 years ago? Why don't guns have physics? Why do I have a thousands different large bright texts all over my screen blocking my view? Where is a cammo rose system that is atleast on pair with BF2? Why is talking to people so difficult and hard to read even over text? I can go on and on, you get my point =\ Not a proper sequel.
        PSN: Xclusiveitalian
        Steam: Stryker
        Origin: Xclusiveitalian
        Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Ok here is my two cents.

VOIP - join a clan. Playing with people you know and trust is much better than joining a server with some one you don't know.
          Ping - battle log does the job just fine with the web browser. In case you don't know how to set up filters, well it's your problem.
          Battlelog - I, personally like the idea of knowing how my friends are doing, were are they playing.

I do agree BF3 needs some work, and hope they (EA) are reading players requests. Here is my:
          1. Spawn engine. Sick and tired spawning a front some one berrol of the gun.
          2. You engenire in a tank/APC/AA what ever, getting out of vehecal affront a cannon, oh yeah I like that. How about the opposite side from where're you looking.
          3. Chat should be a different color, and ability to request ammo, meds., repers.
          4. Bombs in jets, fine be as unlock but be there. Sick and tired being torn apart by AA guns and do nothing about it.
          5. Deferent armies would be nice, but not necessary, after all it is just a game.

Mods for BF2 didn't come right away and will take a time mod BF3. Single player or campaign, as you will, is the first SP for battlefield series. I'm not counting bad company games cause there are not bf games.

Comment

Originally posted by anton2k
            Why the link CC? I watched the breakdown vid and it more or less supports what I said previously. The bottom line is there are allot of unhappy battlefield gamer's, head on over to EA's battlefield forums if you don't believe, thousands of posts and unhappy customers... WE ARE THE 99%
            The 99%? lol 1000s of posts! Yes 1000s of posts represent 99% of the player base. Please, a little common sense please? People don't rush to forums to praise a game they like. Gaming forums will ALWAYS be biased toward the people who aren't pleased no matter how small the are in numbers.

haha bf2 pub teamwork,nice troll

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
              The 99%? lol 1000s of posts! Yes 1000s of posts represent 99% of the player base. Please, a little common sense please? People don't rush to forums to praise a game they like. Gaming forums will ALWAYS be biased toward the people who aren't pleased no matter how small the are in numbers.

haha bf2 pub teamwork,nice troll
              (I think he didn't get the news that it actually sold 5 million copies.)

I was a latecomer to the BF series, but even I am perplexed as to why everyone expected it to be what they dreamed from the second it started. If you want instant gratification, well, MW3 is there, only if you have less than a quarter of a brain.

Comment

I have a feeling things will change with the Back To Karkand maps, for better of course.

Comment

Originally posted by anton2k
                  Why the link CC? I watched the breakdown vid and it more or less supports what I said previously. The bottom line is there are allot of unhappy battlefield gamer's, head on over to EA's battlefield forums if you don't believe, thousands of posts and unhappy customers... WE ARE THE 99%
                  Because you are saying what I predicted some would say back in June. Nothing in BF3 should have been a surprise to anyone.

Also, youre not the 99%. If I was to guess I would say youre the 15% and thats probably being generous.
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Well CC, I did speak out about how the game sucked back in the beta and alpha, all be it not on this forum but another (ea's) and was constantly told by others and ea them self's its still in beta the finial release will not be like this, lies again so yea i did speak up at the time but was told to shsssssss, the fact that you think I am the 15% is hysterical wrong so wrong i lawld then some pee came out. you are the 1% face it, i am so suprised how someone like you'r self (a big player of bf2) can like this game so much, i mean if you like the game so be it, enjoy it, ill still play 2142 and bf2 but i would like something more from dice, that's all i am saying.

Comment

Prove your precentages.

I want more from DICE as well. We gave them 3 years to make BF2 what it is today. Yet for some reason we expect all that on release.

The thing is that the core gameplay, origin, and battlelog is not going to change. So even if they make all the maps exactly like BF2s, it wont be BF2.

Comment

I just went further.

Lets say, going by forum posts in Battlelog there are 10,000 users that are upset and being vocal about it. That is a HUGE number. There are NOT 10,000 posts even like that in Battlelog, but lets be real high on the number.

5,000,000 units were sold. Im pretty sure thats total. Console and PC.

So out of 5,000,000 the 10,000 makes .2 percent.

In order to even be the 15% that I gave you, which I was already being super high on to begin with, that would be 750,000 people upset.

So tell me, do you think there are 750,000 people upset? And to clarify, upset that its not like BF2 or have all those BF2 features? I think everyone is upset with the bugs, who wouldnt be?

Also, I liked the 1% thing, so I changed my little saying under my name :wee:

Comment

The game still sucks no matter what spin you put on it. It has some things in it that are right but too many that are not. Regardless of percentages it is what it is.

Comment

Of course it does. Once the numbers come up and show that its not 99%, it doesnt matter, everyone still hates it. Maybe I should have put I am the .00001%.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                              I just went further.

Lets say, going by forum posts in Battlelog there are 10,000 users that are upset and being vocal about it. That is a HUGE number. There are NOT 10,000 posts even like that in Battlelog, but lets be real high on the number.

5,000,000 units were sold. Im pretty sure thats total. Console and PC.

So out of 5,000,000 the 10,000 makes .2 percent.

In order to even be the 15% that I gave you, which I was already being super high on to begin with, that would be 750,000 people upset.

So tell me, do you think there are 750,000 people upset? And to clarify, upset that its not like BF2 or have all those BF2 features? I think everyone is upset with the bugs, who wouldnt be?

Also, I liked the 1% thing, so I changed my little saying under my name :wee:
                              That's not how math and statistics work. I thought you'd be smarter than that. Just because 10,000 people come to church every Sunday in this country doesn't mean only 10,000 of them are Christians. When Netflix announced rate hikes, you saw 5-6,000 tweets or comments in CEO's blog, yet 800,000 people left the service in a quarter. Makes sense? I am just going to say that and leave it there, I'm hoping you won't make me talk about basic statistical analysis here.

DICE has screwed up big time, I hope, ahem let me rephrase, I wish/want/desire that they fix this.

Your statement about DICE taking 3 years to fix BF2 is also very misleading. When BF2 came out, the issues that people complained about (and subsequently what DICE fixed) weren't related to core game play. They were about over powered guns, vehicles, exploits in the game. Bunny hopping, insta proning, noob tubing, mini gun and engineer exploiting in black hawk were some of the problems that were addressed. At its core, NOTHING in the game changed, no major features like VOIP/commo-rose were implemented, no maps were rewritten or new ones that were drastically different than the original ones were released. Can you still not see the difference? I am almost beginning to think that you are just here to annoy people and we should maybe not take you seriously. This game requires far more fixes/changes than BF2 did back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                                Now now don't jump on him so quick. I actually have to agree with everything he said. I like the game and I'm fine that it isn't a BF2 replica (I didn't want a BF2 replica ever), but I'm upset with a lot of things with the game. I haven't played it significantly since Skyrim came out because, frankly, it just isn't deep enough, like DerStig says. For some reason, I just can't find myself sitting down for long periods of time playing the game. I haven't had a sitting longer than an hour for some time.

I'm going to agree with DerStig and say that a huge problem is the lack of teamwork. I don't play with a clan, I don't have friends to play with (), and I join random servers. This is obviously not a recipe for successful teamwork. Still, in BF2, and even BC2, I could join random servers and join a random squad and have some resemblance of teamwork. I don't care about organizing flanking crap and whatever, I just like being in a squad that inherently sticks together and works with each other. For some reason, that is just missing in BF3. There weren't many teamwork features in BC2, but it was there. No one used the VOIP and SL's did issue orders (the only two possible teamwork methods), but the squad play was still there for some inexplicable reason. I have found BF3 to be much more of a lone-wolf kind of game. Squad members are really just mobile spawn points now. Squads are spread out over the entire map with each member doing his own thing. I can't say I've ever had a round where my squad stuck together without one of my friends in my squad.

So yeah, there is a lack of teamwork IMO, and teamwork is what made the BF games enjoyable. You ever had that feeling where you have to leave, but you don't want to because you don't want to let your squad mates, who have you been playing with for a few rounds, down, even though they are just random dudes you were automatically put into a squad with? For me, that's one of the big things that makes me keep playing, but it isn't in BF3.
                                When you take in his previous posts here as well as his EA UK posts, he wants a BF2 remake. Like it or not, call it labeling, whatever, it is what it is. Exact same maps, no, everything else, yes.

As for the teamwork, I see teamwork in BF3 as well as I did in BC2 and BF2. When I am squad leader and I give out commands, Ive seen more people follow them just as much as in the other games.

Of course, I also beleive that having voip wont fix that.

But anyway, teamwork is a matter of when and where anyway and every instance can be different.

Comment

Working...
                                X