"Mobile" AA be destroyed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mobile" AA be destroyed?

The AA in the jet maps that are actually stationary, can they be destroyed? Last night I was hitting one hard with the machine gun and even switched to rockets and it never seemed to have done anything. As I was flying high out of range I got to thinking that I dont think I have ever seen one destroyed.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: "Mobile" AA be destroyed?

The stationary ones inside the main bases? No, those can't be destroyed. They are invincible. Which is why the exploit where you can get in an enemy's AA is such a problem.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

true, they are pretty much solid rock

Comment

Those make me sad.

Although I don't have a problem with them being indestructible, it's mostly just the placement and their range.

Comment

the CRAMs can only be destroyed by TV guided missiles or C4

although mostly it just kills the dude inside

its mainly useful in Rush mode if some griefer bails onto the carrier etc

Comment

know c4 destroys it completely, had a jerk TKing everyone inside of our main so I blew it up myself...

Comment

yea, 3 C4 packs will destroy it but it does re-spawn. haven't tried with a tv guided.....almost every-time i fire that bug ridden mess it ends up destroying my chopper and giving me a suicide and TK or it just goes right through my target bouncing wildly off the ground and across the map........just as intended...........it's amazing how many features of this game are simply broken and haven't even been commented on by DICE, like everything is fine and dandy.

Comment

True, but will they say? "we know its an issue and will have it fixed" then its 1000000 posts of how this is bs, fix it now, its breaking the game, the game wasn't ready, more dice failure, etc.

Granted they have that now, so maybe its better to say something.
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

They are invincible. I think they're great this way, the major problem obviously being that they're just too close too the battlefield.

Simple fix, push main bases back, or at least the airfields. Stationary AA need to stop campers, but shouldn't effect anything going on near the objectives.

Mobile AA also seems a little imba, not in ground to air but ground to ground. Those things take way more punishment than tanks and absolutely decimate infantry, light vehicles, air vehicles, and can even take on armor. If you have an engy on the mobile AA that thing is not going to die, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                    yea, 3 C4 packs will destroy it but it does re-spawn. haven't tried with a tv guided.....almost every-time i fire that bug ridden mess it ends up destroying my chopper and giving me a suicide and TK or it just goes right through my target bouncing wildly off the ground and across the map........just as intended...........it's amazing how many features of this game are simply broken and haven't even been commented on by DICE, like everything is fine and dandy.
                    Not many complain about the TV Missile because not many people have it. As far as I know, its the last chopper unlock, which means you need a ton of kills to get it. That's hard to do in a game that offers little teamwork. To get a lot of chopper kills, you need the teamwork of both a good pilot and good gunner, unless you can own people with the little bird.

Comment

Working...
                    X