• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get out of jail free card?

disabled vehicle, nuff said

Re: get out of jail free card?

Originally posted by Reddink
    disabled vehicle, nuff said
    Actually no, not enough said. Try adding more words?

Comment

where did this come from?

Comment

I guess he means that vehicles don't just get destroyed, they get disabled now allowing the person to escape unlike previous BF games where, when you were killed, you were killed. You still get alot of points for taking out the vehicle tho.
        PSN: Xclusiveitalian
        Steam: Stryker
        Origin: Xclusiveitalian
        Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Hit the vehicle harder and you can destroy it and get everyone inside as well. 100 for disabled, 50 for destroyed, and 100 per person.

You have to be smart about it though. Attack the sides then hit the back. They think they have plenty of health and then they are gone.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Not more a jail free card than in previous BF, at least you move very slowly at -50%, in previous BF you could get the f out even just 1-2 seconds before the vehicle explode.

Comment

Yep, and in BC2, if you had the vehicle armor you and your mates can make a getaway 100% of the time.

Comment

They should make it where if you get below 20% or so you can't bail out unless you are repaired.

And I think they should do something about the disabling in the jets. I like it with the tanks, but I think it's stupid in the jets. It just turns the dogfights into disable fights. Fly in circles until one person gets behind the other one, first a burst into their rear, get a disable, and then the other person either flies back to their base or bails out.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                  They should make it where if you get below 20% or so you can't bail out unless you are repaired.

And I think they should do something about the disabling in the jets. I like it with the tanks, but I think it's stupid in the jets. It just turns the dogfights into disable fights. Fly in circles until one person gets behind the other one, first a burst into their rear, get a disable, and then the other person either flies back to their base or bails out.
                  The tanks are totally fine, but yea, this is really annoying. The majority of the time I take someone out it's a disable. You really have to catch them sleeping, or persure them for longer than you want to to totally kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1

It is a problem for Tanks too, it is no fun when most of the battle is two stationary turrets shelling each other.

Comment

It's lame that the fact that they can still shoot you and what not, and Crunch during the heat of battle you cant always shoot it from behind.

Comment

I stuck an AT Kornet rocket in the side of a Humvee that was 8 feet away, the thing caught on fire and the gunner turned around and shot me from inside the humvee.. This is BS..

They should put it back the way it was OR if they are going to disable the vehicle they should actually DISABLE it. Stop it from any form of operation including driving and using the guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddink
                          It's lame that the fact that they can still shoot you and what not, and Crunch during the heat of battle you cant always shoot it from behind.
                          So what? Your comment didnt mention any heat of battle or stationary fighting or anything at all, actually. When I get into a tank v tank battle, I move around and am not stationary or only hitting the front. People will bail. They balled in 1942, Vietnam, 2, 2142, BC2, and now BF3.

The thing is that I mentioned a way to get the kill. Every time in every situation? No.

Comment

I like the disabling mechanic, I find that if I am facing multiple tanks I can disable one and move onto another, even in open ground, the noob drivers get punished quite harshly by the system, and if they bail out, well the HMG will cut through them

you rarely see bailers survive when they jump out in a heavy firefight, like those derp tank drivers that just drive in hitting nothing, get disabled (and then the vultures descend to blow the tank up very fast) and they still get mowed

and its good they can still shoot, you have to choose, do you risk it fighting people off (might be protecting an MCOM plant or something) or try your chances and bail

I personally love it when people bail very early, like if their tank was on 49%, they get the disable and instantly panic and jump out, thats a good time to steal the tank, kill em then do what you like

Comment

Working...
                            X