So first impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So first impressions?

For those/the one person who have played this game, what do you think so far?

I've been watching videos of it on Youtube and it doesn't really appeal to me. I really don't like how it looks exactly like MW2.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Re: So first impressions?

With the exception of an oddly choppy paced single player, when its good its good. Goes back to more stealth missions like COD4, but still has a lot of the Micheal Bay moments from MW2. If you don't mind the graphics which I don't think is that big of a deal, its actually a pretty good game. I should have the single player completed tomorrow and thus far I like it.

Here is what I don't like, Activision and Sledgehammer for filling gaps in a game that was left incomplete by the rather sudden departure from Infinity Ward. The game tells you at every inconvenient moment of error that you are playing Modern Warfare 2. Support is going to be the other issue, the red headed stepchild you could say, MW3 received its first patch today, but there are no notes what it fixed. For all I know, since I haven't tested it out yet, they could of patched the FPS uncap work around. Also I'm starting to get the feeling that they knew that Elite couldn't handle having all the PC players as well as console so they decided to cut the minority, very much in Activisions business model of least possible support for maximum profit which is now seeing Elite servers crashing and burning. If this is do to DDoS or actual demand is yet to be seen, Meta score might indicate the former.

Something else that is sorta nice is being able to go into unranked game modes (servers and private matches or LAN games) and getting to play with all those neat toys before you unlock them. This game supports 100% offline LAN mode, R0X0R!

Comment

I played it, just the single player part because my version is haxored. Single Player is bad, i had better time in BF3's SP and the only reason i say that is that i did not feel CoD4 or even MW2 they felt better this felt like transformers 3 a piece of Michael Bay garbage. Obviously SP is too short, it took me longer on BF3, and for the MP i cant say it wont work as it is |-|4c|<3D. But from what you can collect off of YouTube its the same stuff as MW2, so best to pick it up when it is priced 9.99 which wont happen for a very longtime.

Frankly though, even my console friend is disappoint, he talks shit to me about BF3 when he finally realizes the true fps king as mentioned is his Fbook status "i am disappoint"

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
        Something else that is sorta nice is being able to go into unranked game modes (servers and private matches or LAN games) and getting to play with all those neat toys before you unlock them. This game supports 100% offline LAN mode, R0X0R!
        This is one of few redeeming qualities of the title IMO. It will make a great LAN party game since it will run well on just about anyone's PC and you can unlock everything. The only down side is I hate to encourage piracy, but given the way they price CoD (ie- a year after release, it's still full price,) I can't actually recommend anyone pay for it.

Comment

I've put my finger on it why the missions feel so chopped up, they are cut and pastes from MW and MW2. You'll know what I mean the first time you handle the M21 Suppressed in single player.

"Back on the Grid" is pretty much "Blackout" from COD4.

Comment

Are people playing on unranked servers. Do you get guns and perks on the unranked servers. I don't care about rank.

Comment

I dont know if people are playing on them, but you can unlock anything in unranked servers.
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
              X