• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wlil my pc run BF3?

Couldn't find a tech section on the forum

-AMD 4800 dual core at 2.4 ghz but gonna overclock it up to 3.0 ghz
    -3gb ram
    -Windows 7 pro 64 bit
    -And im on the market for a video card but I dont know what to get. I lost track of whats good out there. My last card was GeForce 8800 gts but it died on me.

-I also have a SLi compatible mobo and a 650w psu

Re: Wlil my pc run BF3?

when you overlock it, probably. Right now? lowlowlowlow and i'm still not sure.
    This is my settings:
    dual core 2.6ghz, nvidia gt 130M
    4gb ram
    windows home pro 64 bit

I can run it but it must be on LOW and with the lowest resolution possible (640 smth)

Comment

Check out this site, "Can you run it"

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Comment

Get a decent graphics and it will run...decently.

6950 if you're on a budget, 6970 if you aren't. Or whatever the equivalent nVidia card is...

Comment

Well even on the 6970 it will run pretty well considering its mid-gradness. On medium-high I get around 50fps indoors and 40 outdoors.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't put any money into that system. I'd save it for a new one. If you do buy a video card, stay on the conservative side. That system is going to be CPU bound. And make sure you have some serious cooling, my old 4400+ would get crazy hot around those speeds.

Comment

CANYOURUNIT pretty much sucks. i still remember it telling me i wouldnt be able to run stuff on my old pc and i would. I also remember it telling my cousin he wouldnt be able to play cod4 and he could almost play it on high xD

Comment

Forgot to ask what res you are running at. If you're playing at 14x9, you obviously need less horsepower.

I was playing the alpha on an hd 4870 at 1920x1080 with medium/lows at 30-40 fps. You can get an hd4870 for $50 on ebay these days. I sold mine (with $70 worth of thermalright cooling installed) for $65 there. If I was pinched for cash, I think that's what I'd do, personally. I'm running an hd6970 now, and enjoying it. In fact, it's the first gpu I've had that I haven't just about ripped the stock cooler off and slapped on something that says thermalright a week after getting it. Frames, needless to say, are delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                  Well even on the 6970 it will run pretty well considering its mid-gradness. On medium-high I get around 50fps indoors and 40 outdoors.
                  DAMMIT. I meant 6870. Me done derped pretty hard lately all of the times.

Comment

I would only stay on the conservative side when choose a video card if you need to. Other wise get a beast and upgrade/rebuild around it.

Comment

Working...
                    X