Comment

Re: Calling old school BF2 players...

Originally posted by RangerXML
        Biohazard is Resident Evil
        you learn something new everyday

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
          No. It will be crap because it wasn't BF3 like. Because we all know that BF3 was perfect, and there was nothing wrong with it. Dice fucked up big time. They had everything in BF3 right and they messed it up with BF4. Series ruined forever.
          we're only on bf3. what's this talk of bf4? you mean bf2 and bf3? honestly, i don't even think ea should have named this game battlefield. from a business stand point, i can't fault them for going after the larger console crowd. that's where the money is at for them. from a battlefield fan point of view, i feel screwed. this game is cod/moh w/ the battlefield name. it's a dumbed down console port, just like bc2.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle
            we're only on bf3. what's this talk of bf4? you mean bf2 and bf3? honestly, i don't even think ea should have named this game battlefield. from a business stand point, i can't fault them for going after the larger console crowd. that's where the money is at for them. from a battlefield fan point of view, i feel screwed. this game is cod/moh w/ the battlefield name. it's a dumbed down console port, just like bc2.
            Its called sarcastic predictions of the future. People have been bitching about the state of battlefield since the dawn of its existence. That won't change with the next game. its always the same "The current battlefield sucks! They had it right in BFx!" formula.

Also, accusing this game of being a CoD clone is wrong. Have you actually played MW3? This game is nothing like it. What it is is just a faster paced battlefield. Faster pace =/= CoD. Oversaturation with little to know differences between games = CoD. Lack of innovation and over saturation of market = CoD. Shit head 10 year olds with racist and dumbass mouths = CoD.

30+ Year old manchildren who can't get a grip on the reality that their game is forever changing = Battlefield.

Im not saying the game is perfect, but people need to get out of their fucking echo chambers and see what their arguments are actually amounting to. EA/DICE have lost touch with us BECAUSE we are never satisfied. Everything is always a problem. Every little change, every little element that stays the same. Ever since the battle log forums I now understand why they never listen to us. When can we have proper discussions about things without amounting to "DICE FUCKED UP, DICE HAVE BEEN GOING DOWNHILL SINCE 1942/VIETNAM/2/2142/BC2/3. CODFIELD CODFIELD CODFIELD. NEVER GETTING MY MONEY AGAIN!" (with that last one, we all know is a lie because thats exactly what EA gets again).

Comment

^ This is the best thing i read so far in defense. Man sometiems argument woth people as such will get you no where. Thanks 5t3v0 for the uplift

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                accusing this game of being a CoD clone is wrong.
                the killcam, the rank system, console style, auto regen...all these little things add up. there are so many more. i get that it's different in many ways. but look how bf has progressed. it has taken all these little trinkets from other primarily console based games and labeled it battlefield. where's our commander? that bastard is nowhere to be found what made battlefield different and better than the other games available, is what's been taken away.
                i have never said that it's gone downhill since 1942. in fact, the bf games were on the up and up from there. bf2 was an improvement of bf1942. bf2142 was even better than bf2. there were bugs and issues, but the game play got better. now the only thing that is better is the graphics and the amount of guns from which to choose. sure, they're nice little additions. but it doesn't improve the game. the devs have gotten so wrapped up in all the prettiness that they are no longer making good games. they're making marketing decisions.

Comment

the killcam, the rank system, console style, auto regen...all these little things add up. there are so many more.
                  Um, haven't you ignored 2142's unlock system? And besides, All CoDs unlocks (bar attachments) are all from the same source. Battlefields kit items and kit specific guns require the use of the kits themselves. And battlefield had an unlock system before CoD did. CoD copied it and dumbed it down. Though why they only made BF3 go up to colonial is beyond me. The Auto regen feature is not even the same as CoDs. BF3 (and BC2) have a similar system to another PC game, STALKER. People have been using "Consolification" or "CoDified" as buzz words to try and point out a feature they don't like, completely ignoring the fact that either:

a)CoD didn't invent it
                  b)Battlefield actually invented it
                  c)its not exclusive to console games, or even PC games did it first.

i get that it's different in many ways. but look how bf has progressed. it has taken all these little trinkets from other primarily console based games and labeled it battlefield. where's our commander? that bastard is nowhere to be found what made battlefield different and better than the other games available, is what's been taken away.
                  i have never said that it's gone downhill since 1942. in fact, the bf games were on the up and up from there. bf2 was an improvement of bf1942. bf2142 was even better than bf2. there were bugs and issues, but the game play got better. now the only thing that is better is the graphics and the amount of guns from which to choose. sure, they're nice little additions. but it doesn't improve the game. the devs have gotten so wrapped up in all the prettiness that they are no longer making good games. they're making marketing decisions.
                  the commander feature barely worked. Too many dumbass commanders. Its not even a deciding factor of "Battlefield". You label the commander feature that, then you've obviously blacked-out the first two BF games.
                  How do you define improve? I find Battlefield 3 improved heavily in the infantry sector, which there is nothing wrong with doing. Vehicles need a bit of touching up, yes, but at least we don't get overly dominant Pilots, and at least tanks on helicopters have a shot now (Started taking down cocky heli pilots in a tank this week. Was awesome). The destruction physics also make for interesting, heated battles. I find that the hitreg, while not perfect, its a vast improvement over Battlefield 2 (I remember BF2 being worse. I could be wrong entirely, but thats my experience. Also, my KDR was even worse than it was now, if that can be believed. But that could be up to skill.) in the realms of hits actually registering. I do agree that DICE needs to work on registering if a player is taking true cover or not.

Battlefield 2 was never called an improvement of BF1942. For reasons:

- No naval warfare
                  - Reliance on dumbass commanders
                  - Unlocks
                  - Stat Padders
                  - Bad hit reg
                  - No Mod Support
                  - Lying to the community
                  - Splitting the community with Booster packs
                  - Ruining the franchise with this game

See those? Those are some criticisms I picked up on when I first joined the community back in 08. Sound familiar? Most, if not all of them can be found today. What i'm trying to point out is that those who detract put the same arguments forward, while forgetting the problems of the previous iteration. According to most of them now, these are all forgotten, now its BF3 that has ruined the franchise and BF2 was all fine and dandy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't state what you see as factual. I know I can't. I haven't formatted this post well (I have band practice, like, now) but I do know that we have to at least see the whole picture regarding the series, rather than leave the RCG's on and declaring the game as a worse without at least considering what did work and what didn't. This isn't CoD. Faster pace =/= CoD. EA's words and marketing do not make it a CoD clone. Our bitching about our misplaced nostalgias do not stop this game from being a battlefield game. it is battlefield. We just don't call all the shots.

Comment

-i wasn't ignoring the unlock system in 2142. it was sufficient and allowed for a variety of kit customization. the unlock system is now more than i would have ever asked for, being vastly expanded. at this point, there are WAY MORE than enough unlocks and customizations. what amazes me, is that there are still players out there wanting more unlocks/weapon customizations, when there are bigger issues that need be addressed.

-as far as commander, maybe i was spoiled. i played w/ some excellent commanders who played the position the way it was meant. i'm not gonna say EVERY round was like that. but overall, the commander position proved to be a huge part of team play. i dearly miss it

-you are correct in the "Consolification" or "CoDified" comparison. it's in other games, but cod is probably the closest and most popular game that uses such features (war style, fps, etc). whether cod invented it or not, the similarities exist and they're features that i (and many others) feel the game can do without. things like auto regen don't make bf better.

-you weren't wrong about the bf2 hit detection. it was pretty bad at times. that is one of the improvements that i have seen in bf3.

-stat padders and cheaters will always exist. you can deter them, but can't eliminate how people are.

-ea is now dividing the community more and more. look at what premium alone has done...ugh. as other individual expansion packs come out, the problem will only worsen. you have hardcore vs softcore to deal with as well.

Comment

You know what? I don't care anymore. Im just going to say that I think its not a bad game. I enjoy it. I don't even know why I bothered trying to argue this in the first place. This isn't your fault, by the way.

Edit: Sorry for the melodramatic passive-aggression. Just had a bit of a... interesting day. the knowledge that I'm moving to the US in 2 months and am about to sign out of school because Im currently not going anywhere coupled with the fact that I only got 2 hours of sleep last night really add up...

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                        when are you going to verify who you are so we can restore your old account?
                        Hey, I've done a lot already and told you many secrets only Redink and you know but anywho yeah I mean isn't it obvious that Redink hasn't logged in for 5 months now! and I've been on since then? Or do you think I killed Red and took over :P

Anywho I'm still here and I think you should buy just because it's BF!!! Even though BF2 was the best and didn't limit you to such weakness as dusting your pants after getting up from prone and belly hopping while shooting, knifing, scoping, twisting, bouncing, diving, grenading and owning all at the very same time.

Oh and Capatino Crunch, I've been around since '05 or 6 not sure... but is that how you treat a veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Reddink
                          Hey, I've done a lot already and told you many secrets only Redink and you know but anywho yeah I mean isn't it obvious that Redink hasn't logged in for 5 months now! and I've been on since then? Or do you think I killed Red and took over :P

Anywho I'm still here and I think you should buy just because it's BF!!! Even though BF2 was the best and didn't limit you to such weakness as dusting your pants after getting up from prone and belly hopping while shooting, knifing, scoping, twisting, bouncing, diving, grenading and owning all at the very same time.

Oh and Capatino Crunch, I've been around since '05 or 6 not sure... but is that how you treat a veteran
                          Poor Redd, always the victim.
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I was about back then :-).

Comment

Working...
                            X