Stuck in windowed mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in windowed mode?

Hi all. iIm having a problem with my BF3, I seem to be stuck in windowed mode (even at full screen). I have tried Alt + enter and it doesnt seem to work.

Here is a vid of someone else displaying the exact same problem:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I have a decent PC (i7, 6gb ram, GTX280) and using the drivers that were recommended for the Beta. Off the top of my head I cant remeber the driver version, is there newer drivers available. Could old drivers cause this? Also I run a dual monitor set up if that makes any difference, it hasnt to any other game but this is BF3

Cheers

Merlin

Re: Stuck in windowed mode?

The comments on your video say close your Steam overlay, ie- another program has focus. I did have something similar happen once. The game went into window mode and wouldn't go back. Even changed servers, same thing. It didn't actually go full screen until I spawned again. After that, it was fine. I blamed mine on Alt+Tab shenanigans since I use Alt as my crouch key (ergonomic keyboard, it falls under my left thumb..)

Comment

Every now and then, I'll be in windowed mode, and try to go to full screen with Alt-Enter. The screen will black out, as if its going to full screen, then blip back to windowed. But it gets even worse, because as soon as I click the screen, it tries to go to full screen and blips back to windowed, and repeats this process over and over. Eventually I'm able to get it to Full screen, but I dont' know how.

Comment

The only programs I have running other than Origin and BF3 is TeamSpeak 3

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
          The only programs I have running other than Origin and BF3 is TeamSpeak 3
          Do you have teamspeak overlay turned on? Try disabling origin in game also. In origin click the cog>settings>in game>remove check from Enable Origin in-game.

You can try this at your own discretion.

Go into your documents and change the name of your BF3 folder to something like BF3BACKUP and go run the game again. If something doesn't work just revert the folder back to it's original name. In win7 I found my settings folder on my main os hard drive usually labeled C:\users\login name\my documents\battlefield 3 usually on the start menu also.

Another thing to try is to completely uninstall video card drivers run a (running a registry cleaner would probably be a good idea at this point) then reinstall the drivers. Registry cleaners aren't always perfect and can possibly cause problems.

If all this fails, in origin right click BF3 and repair install.

Comment

I dont have TS overlay activated and I have just followed your instuctions on how to shut down Origin. Bizarrely the windowed mode isnt happening tonight. Many thanks for the tips, hopefully it wont come back.

Comment

Working...
            X