Good heli pilots out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good heli pilots out there.

So Ive been jetting around and have come across some groups of people that have unlocked things for the heli and I have a really hard time taking them down.

I say groups because these helis have gunners and I think they are working together. The heli can get heat seeking missiles and these groups have taken down jets with their teamwork. Ive been fortunate enough to not be taken down by them, but they had put the hurt on me a number of times and I had a very hard time taking them down, if I could at all. There was one group I played against earlier today and I kept getting the disable, but that was it and they stayed in the air the entire time and were locking on to me.

So anyone seen this? Anyone done this?
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Good heli pilots out there.

yes crunch, i have been a prey of those groups. and i was in a jet.
    On another server same happened and i went with my engineer with the aa gun. only managed to take it down by teamworking with another engineer, he would launch the first rocket they would deploy the flares then i'd launch mine, and still it was pretty fuckin hard because even after beeing disabled they would not start burning or loose control of the heli and eventually came back. I believe most of the time they died it was because of the heli physics where i shot the aa and it would hit the heli on top forcing them to go into the ground. Dont know what kind of unlock they had but besides them using flares and us missing the rockets, even when we managed to hit they would recover pretty fast

Comment

I've been one of those groups. The pilot's AA missiles are easy to use to take down jets actually. I always laugh whenever a jet flies past me shooting at me, I turn around, lock on, and fire my two missiles and get "Vehicle Disabled" a few seconds later.

Also, the helicopters are very easy to fly and land when you are disabled. Whenever I get disabled, I just fly away, land, and repair.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I've been working on my chopper unlocks. one of the unlocks is the fire extinguisher which repairs the disable.

what i want to know is the TV missle... is it a 1 shot kill like in BF2?
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

From what I saw it's not a one shot kill and it bounces on air vehicles (I guess they don't want you to disable the enemy chopper too easily).

Comment

Originally posted by signa
            I've been working on my chopper unlocks. one of the unlocks is the fire extinguisher which repairs the disable.

what i want to know is the TV missle... is it a 1 shot kill like in BF2?
            Extinguisher replaces flares though, and it recharges slower. I personally prefer to use flares and just land to repair if I ever get hit.

The TV missile is like guided missile in the jets damage wise I believe. I haven't actually used it. I think you will get a disable if you hit a full health vehicle. And as Infernalis said, it is very buggy against air vehicles.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

it sucks how these unlocks help the players that get more proficient at something get even better with more powerful add-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                it sucks how these unlocks help the players that get more proficient at something get even better with more powerful add-ons.
                Make it so as you play, you start out with everything and start losing unlocks
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I am extremely close like a few hundred points to getting the guided missile. Been playing Heli like crazy and its dead easy to pilot i dont know why i see people crashing constantly. I use the directional buttons and WASD keys. I dont like mouse for flying. for my guns i use spacebar.

I guess this stems from my overplaying BF2 AIX mod just strafing bots anyways good to know i got training lmfao. but yeah its pretty simple to keep the chopper in check as you fly it away to get it repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    Most of these unlocks take the vehicles from being retarded to good. So far I really haven't seen anything over powered.

Comment

^ yeah pretty much.

Comment

Got a few more chopper unlocks last night. thermal view for the gunner is pretty awesome. Infantry has no chance.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

vehicle unlocks shouldve been just give to us all... i don't like that you start with crippled vehicles and have to unlock em. like people who suck with jets will take forever to unlock the necessities.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
                            I am extremely close like a few hundred points to getting the guided missile. Been playing Heli like crazy and its dead easy to pilot i dont know why i see people crashing constantly. I use the directional buttons and WASD keys. I dont like mouse for flying. for my guns i use spacebar.

I guess this stems from my overplaying BF2 AIX mod just strafing bots anyways good to know i got training lmfao. but yeah its pretty simple to keep the chopper in check as you fly it away to get it repaired.
                            shh don't tell them the secret I love people who fly with mouse because they are very obvious

and a free kill

ahem but as for the thread

use steep attack or escape vectors basically coming out of your attack you have to go up, an angle the heli pilot cannot reach in order to lock on without sending his heli hurtling back toward the ground

the F18/SU35 cannon does not do as much damage as it did in the beta (obviously, but the A10 etc pretty much behave beta like, cut through choppers and flip them over)

you need to be dam accurate and get the entire burst on the heli to mess up their day and even then its typically only a disable that can be managed

heatseekers are dam useful for getting helis, but you ofc have to get them to deploy flares, working with mobile AA, or hoping there are stingers about is ok

but try firing one missile to make them flare, then save the second to hit them with after, use the gun for the rest, can be tricky but constantly pestering the helicopter means it cannot really do anything else

as for unlocks, I got guided missiles next for my little bird etc, man I want those bad, just so I can fuck up the AA on Canals rush ha

oherwise, got everything for jet, almost at service star 2 ha, the extinguisher comes in very handy but I still often roll with flares

ATGMs I have barely used since they are pretty weak (about 30-40 damage although if you attack from the back and get lucky it can do more) often they miss as well

ground attack rocket pods ftw, one good pass with a full salvo, easy disable on a tank, good for spamming areas as well

helicopter, best setup is pilot with extinguisher and copilot controlling flares, although if your gunner wants to have thermal optics etc (which is lovely) then flares as pilot tbh, otherwise you will be getting hit loads by stingers

Comment

ahaha, what you said though is pretty useful, i am close to getting the thermals now cant wait to mow down invisible infantry

Comment

Working...
                              X