DICE moved focus from PC to meet release date, reveals GM.

Battlefield 3's lead development platform "switched" to consoles in mid-production, DICE GM Karl-Magnus Troedsson has confirmed.

The DICE boss shared the news in the latest issue of PSM3, where he revealed that despite Battlefield 3 looking very much like a shooter designed for advanced PC hardware, the latter stages of Battlefield 3's construction lead on PS3 and Xbox 360 in order to meet release on time.

"We said originally that the PC was the lead SKU of the game, but in mid-production we switched to console as lead platform to make sure we could get all the versions done for release," Troedsson confirmed.

"Our ambition at DICE is to use the power of each individual platform to get the most out of the game," he added.

"In the case of the PS3... I understand that if you compare it to a high-end PC, it's not going to look as good. But if you compare it to other games on the PS3, including other games we've done previously, I have to say I'm very happy with how it looks.

"Hopefully people will agree when they look at it in the same way."

EA previously said it lead development on PC because that audience "has been the one complaining."

SOURCE