Tech support runs in the family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech support runs in the family.

Okay, so I understand that tech support for other stuff like billings and credit cards can be a hassle but my gawh... EA has the worst tech support ever... none of them are even Americans and most of them seem like they don't even know what you are talking about. Seriously I was hung up.

You are now ready to chat with Sreejit.
    you: Hello
    Sreejit: hello,
    you: Here's the deal... I bought BF3 at Walmart on friday and I tried to install it but I was having trouble with the activation screen going blank,.
    you: So I chatted with someone here a few days ago... He asked for my key to so he can help me out but it was taking too long so I had to go to work
    you: I tried to install it again and now it seems to work, the screen shows up to ask for my key and once I put in my key it now says that my key is already in use.
    Sreejit: Please allow me a moment as I check this for you.
    you: Sure, but I think he must have registered my key so I can download it from origin... but I told him I don't want a downloaded version because I have slow connection.
    Sreejit: Okay,
    Sreejit: So may I know what problem are you facing now?
    you: Ok for some reason stupid Origin let me type in my CD key today and I put in my CD key but it said that this code has already been used.
    you: I think the reason is because the first EA tech might have activated it so I can download it instead...
    you: Do you understand?
    Sreejit: I will suggest you to please try clearing your origin cache and then try playing.
    Sreejit:
    Sreejit: Clear Cache:-
    Sreejit: 1.Select the Settings option.
    Sreejit: 2.Click on the “Delete All Game Installers” option.
    Sreejit: 3.Click on “Accept” to complete the process.
    you: Ok, I just did that so now I'm going to retry and install it
    Sreejit: Sure,
    Sreejit: Please let us know if the problem still persists.
    you: Dont leave yet because I'm still typing the KEY
    you: Same thing, !This code has already been used.
    Sreejit: may I know from where did you purchase the game?
    you: Target
    you: Please don't tell me to go back to them because I know why this is happening.
    Sreejit: I am providing your the phone support. Please try contacting on the number 1-866-543-5435.
    Sreejit: have a great day!!.
    The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help

Wow...

Re: Tech support runs in the family.

I'm Red... well use to be until the site changed and some members lost there password and one of the member happened to be me. Tried to explain it to Zips that I had lost the email that I onced long ago created it 2006 for this username. Sent many emails and what not but none of em refuse to believe me regardless of how many proof I showed them so I decided to just make a new account... although I will miss all my ranks and awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddink
      I bought BF3 at Walmart
      Originally posted by Reddink
      Sreejit: may I know from where did you purchase the game?
      you: Target
      LIES!
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I wasnt sure if he knew what target or walmart was... I was going to say a better known store like gamestop. I didn't know if they have walmart or target in India. :P >.<

Comment

You got to respect the fearful power of bureaucracy..

Comment

Working...
          X