Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This game makes it very hard to play with friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game makes it very hard to play with friends.

As the topic says, I have been trying to play with two friends tonight, and what a load of trouble just to play together.
    We created a Party as recommended, but:

*Most servers would fill up in the time it took us to go from selecting the server to all accepting and joining. we finally had to resort to quickmatch to get in.
    *The chance of all 3 of us getting into a server without someone getting crashes or disconnects was at most 50%
    *If you do get into a server, you are often placed in random squads.
    *The squad system in broken. Very rarely is there a "Join" button, the rest of the time we had to leave and find squads repeatedly until it randomly put us together.
    *And finally, the maps has all vehicles and players spawn in one big random pile of crap. The chances of getting a vehicle and getting you friend as a gunner is abysmal.

I think they really dropped the ball on this, are you having better luck playing with friends?

Re: This game makes it very hard to play with friends.

apart from the occasional disconnects its been ok so far, even had a party of 7-8 earlier! and we got onto a conquest server good

I use quickmatch for group joins though, is just simpler and less painful, although wish could specify a few more filters

as for squads, sort of experienced the opposite, always get put into a squad with friends if its possible, and if one of our guys gets switched just got to quit and do a friend connect through battlelog (and then you get put on same team)

haven't experiened that join thing either, just click an empty squad, then the join button appears (otherwise its not there) then boom, you have to wait for a second person to click join on the squad before it will be created but otherwise no problems

ran into my first butthurt admins just now though ha

Comment

Yup there's always someone who crash and when you end in the same team most of the time it's not in the same squad. The squad system is horrible right now, we have to wait for some patches as always.

Comment

I havent had many issues, but I dont have many friends either :*(

Yeah, in all seriousness though, they need to tweek a few things to make it a bit better. One thing Mtrooper pointed out is how the Battlelog IM system is worse than if you use Origins. Thats just wrong. People keep sending me messages to join them and I dont know about it until I am done playing.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

None of my friends apart from one have it, and the one that does hasn't added me on Battlelog yet.

One of my friends who has a better GPU than me cancelled his pre order and got one for MW3, because he was dissatisified with the beta (He is only 15 though, so might have something to do with age...). He was using the ATI 5670 during it with an AMD Dual but upgraded to a AMD Quad with the ATI 6970... WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!?! ALL THAT GRAPHICS POWER FOR COD?

Comment

I've only joined with one person before, so it's been fine for me.

Related to what Crunch says, both Battlelog IM and Origin chat sucks. I don't get sound notifications in game if people send me messages.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

amen to being spawned into a big pile of crap lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                haven't experiened that join thing either, just click an empty squad, then the join button appears (otherwise its not there) then boom, you have to wait for a second person to click join on the squad before it will be created but otherwise no problems
                I took a couple of sceenshot to a complaint thread on Battelog:
                In this example the Join button only appears on the completely empty squad, not in the other two with room. and they are taken at the same time.

Btw. since we call the official forums for "Mordor", I think this new battlefacebookblog should be called "Necronomicon"
                Written by mad men, and driving its readers insane.

Comment

I have had similar issues to you also Vreki. The party system is extremely flawed. I understand that you cant always join a server with a party of 4 and expect to get on the same team, however if you are it would be nice if you could at least squad up together :/

Comment

hmm that is weird, I have left a full squad and joined one with 3/4, will click around and see if that happens to me though

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      I havent had many issues, but I dont have many friends either :*(

Yeah, in all seriousness though, they need to tweek a few things to make it a bit better. One thing Mtrooper pointed out is how the Battlelog IM system is worse than if you use Origins. Thats just wrong. People keep sending me messages to join them and I dont know about it until I am done playing.
                      Ill be your friend Crunch lol.

Comment

I miss the BF2, BF2142 game and option mechanics... Good old days are gone?

I get invalid call name error every once in a while

Comment

They are still working on it apparently. Someone made a sample UI with the BF2 options of naming/locking/kicking people integrated with the squad management screen. Zh1nt0 said he would show it to the development team.
                          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I saw that screenshot, how on earth DICE came up with the crappy UI we have now when one guy can photoshop a better system in 20 minutes is beyond me.

Comment

This is officially the first time I have ever seen the join button for the squads. I'll have to keep an eye out for that going forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X