Am I doing it wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I doing it wrong?

thee quick knife will work if you are behind an enemy and press F, although it has failed sometimes to me. i was behind a sniper for like 30 seconds exposed to enemy fire and having the risk of him noticing me trying to quick knife him, and it was just not working, so i finally pulled my knife out and managed to get his tags

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      I am working toward the soflam and the mortars. I think both will be very helpful.
      I unlocked the SOFLAM, and well.......
      Pro: It remains after you die, so you can respawn as an Engineer with Javelin.
      Con: The Javelin doesn't work, it has something like a 20% hit rate when used with the SOFLAM. Battlelog is full of complaints about this.

But if they fix the Javelin, the SOFLAM may be useful. It requires careful placement, and maps where you can predict the enemy's path.

Comment

wait...you can just place the SOFLAM and forget about it? I thought you had to stay with it and manually spot targets.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft
          wait...you can just place the SOFLAM and forget about it? I thought you had to stay with it and manually spot targets.
          It autospots, but I think only in its limited FOV,and only ground vehicles.
          You can remotely operate it from anywhere on the map, and when you do that it can be rotated 360 and can lock on to Jets and Choppers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            I unlocked the SOFLAM, and well.......
            Pro: It remains after you die, so you can respawn as an Engineer with Javelin.
            Con: The Javelin doesn't work, it has something like a 20% hit rate when used with the SOFLAM. Battlelog is full of complaints about this.

But if they fix the Javelin, the SOFLAM may be useful. It requires careful placement, and maps where you can predict the enemy's path.
            Using the SOFLAM with Guided rockets gives them 50% extra damage.

Its not that it doesn't hit, its that the Javalin projectile is just too slow, a tank using the boost can escape it.

Comment

That makes sense from a game balance view. There needs to be a counter. But IR smoke to break the locks sounds more plausible then a tank moving out of the way. Just saying, but heh, it's Battlefield, the series that brought us Wing Walking among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
                That makes sense from a game balance view. There needs to be a counter. But IR smoke to break the locks sounds more plausible then a tank moving out of the way. Just saying, but heh, it's Battlefield, the series that brought us Wing Walking among other things.
                The IR Smoke doesn't break a lock on after the Guided Rocket & Javalin is fired.

Comment

Does anybody know if your entire team can see SOFLAM targets, or just your own squad?

Comment

Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Very good video +rep!

Comment

Best comment, "I literally, use this thing all the time and I think I've only got points from it once." Good luck with it in pubs. Awesome team play device though.

Comment

Working...
                        X